“Great Downtown Location” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Haslett, Michigan
“Great Downtown Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

If you're looking to stay in downtown Cleveland, the Hyatt at the Arcade is a great place to stay. In the middle of it all, the Hyatt is across the street from the House of Blues, just a block from Quicken Loans arena, an easy walk to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and the Horseshoe Casino and an easy, easy drive to Playhouse Square, West Side Market, Hard Rock Cafe, Little Italy, and much, much more. The rooms are HUGE with 14+ foot ceilings and are nicely appointed. The Arcade itself, which serves as the hotels lobby, is magnificent. Built in 1890, the 5 story atrium will take your breath away. BUT...if I had to point to any one thing that makes the Hyatt at the Arcade great, it was the staff. Always friendly, they went out of their way to make sure you had everything you needed. Valet service was quick. Housekeeping staff attentive.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Gregg R
HRCleveland, Manager at Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Gregg R,
Thank you for going out of your way to write this review about your recent stay at Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade. We’re thrilled to hear that you were able to take advantage of our great location. We often hear enthusiastic feedback about our service and we'll be sure to pass along your comments to our team. We hope to welcome you back for your next visit to Cleveland.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
  • Korean first
Granville, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

My friend and I stayed here in early March after much research on hotels in the area. We were pleasantly surprised at how nice the hotel was after some of the negative reveiws. The lobby was modern and sleek, and the room was HUGE. I loved that when you opened your door, you could see down into the atrium. The beds were very comfortable and we slept well. We also absolutely loved the location - very close to some excellent restaurants and bars and and easy walk to the theater area. The ONLY negative is that they do not offer free WiFi. This was a big inconvenience for me as I missed a deadline because of it (I could have paid $15.00) for the 5 minutes I needed to be on the Internet, but I was on pleasure not business and was not able to expense it. All in all though, a great stay!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank BradyFan
Forest City, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

My two sons and I stayed at this hotel as one of my son's had a medical appointment at The Cleveland Clinic. Was looking forward to using Hyatt's Kiosk check in and had my iPhone confirmation but the desk clerk said to let her check us in. I think we got the smallest room in the hotel. Plain and spartan is how I would describe the room furnishing. One chair in the room. 3 people one chair. And for me to be on my laptop and my son on an iPod the cost was $14.95 for one day. Bottled water in the room at a cost of $4.00 per bottle. Hyatt perhaps you should realize that other hotels give complimentary internet service and also give us a couple of bottles of water for free. And the sirens from the street woke us up 4 times during the night.

And one accessible plug in for our electronic devices. Simply not acceptable in this day and age. I will not return to the property.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Daniel H
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

We stayed for a parents getaway night while visiting family in Cleveland. It's a charming hotel, centered around the Arcade. Location is terrific, across road from great restaurant row on East 4th St, easy walking to Warehouse District (we loved the Blue Point Grille), Tower City, Rock and Roll hall of Fame, Horseshoe Casino, Browns Stadium, and Progressive Field. Room and hotel was more 3.5 star than 4 star; clean, smallish rooms with no extras. We slept well with very minimal noise, except for heating cycling on/off. Free wifi. We parked next door for $20; valet would have been $22 at hotel with in and out privileges. The bar was quite nice (if a bit pricy, as expected). Front desk staff couldn't have been nicer, and also bartender. Gym was above average, more equipment than usual. Overall, we'd gladly stay here again, and would certainly recommend it to friends. We debated between here, the Marriott, and the Ritz. We got a great price on Priceline and are happy we stayed. The lake view at the Marriott would have been nice, for several times the price. We were't very impressed with the lobby of the Ritz, and it opens on to a mall. I love to run outside but didn't see many options for interesting nearby runs. The West Side Market isn't far away and is a local highlight.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mom2dunksie
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

This is a great building in an ideal location. If one has an interest in history and architecture, I would recommend checking it out. There are a couple of bars/restaurants in the lobby as well as a handful of other shops. The hotel is nearby many restaurants, on the Health Line, close to the Terminal Tower and train to the airport and a short walk to the sporting venues.

I found to rooms to be very average though. There wasn't much character on the inside and the furnishings were fairly basic. The bathroom wasn't quite a four star quality in my opinion. Two outlets in my room were inoperable. I don't want to make it seem horrible, but don't expect anything luxurious. I was also annoyed at the $16 high-speed internet fee (praise to hotels that are joining the trend of dropping this charge). On the other hand, the property's (modest sized) fitness center had high quality equipment.

Despite the basic rooms, I may stay here again given the central location and charm of the building.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank rjc260
Bay Village, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Stayed at the Hyatt for the first time after a concert at the House of Blues on a Saturday night. Great place. clean, friendly staff, good price ($126 prepaid price for city view queen room). Rooms looked like they were all recently redone. High ceiling, Hi-def TV and down comforters. The architecture of the old arcade atrium gave the whole place the look and feel of someplace other then Cleveland. Valet parking a little steep, $23 for overnight. Great little bar and restaurant (1890 At the Arcade). Just stayed for breakfast which was a little pricey ($33 for two) but very good. The best part was the location relative to the House of Blues right across the street. Went to Saturday night concert and didn't want to drive home. The entrance from the door of the HOB to the Euclid avenue entrance of the Hyatt is literally 50 feet. We didn't even take out coats. Also right across the street from all the East 4th street action. Great location, plenty of nightlife and good accommodations

Room Tip: Select a city view room or one overlooking the atrium. The atrium rooms only have a view of the side...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank karl s
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

When I go to Cleveland (downtown). I try to book my room here.
I didn't post any pictures but check out the ones on here. This is an old mercantile center (mall type building) where the stores have been converted to rooms. It is such a unique building and really is awesome to browse through.
I'm surprised to find this hotel in the middle of the pack for Cleveland Hotels. In uniqueness alone I give it a 5 rating. It's also convenient to The Corner Alley which is a sports bar/bowling alley that I enjoy (kind of like a downscaled Lucky Strike) and in walking distance to Progressive Field where the Indians play baseball.
I don't know why it's rated so middle of the pack on here but it makes me curious to try other Cleveland Hotels in case I'm missing something.

Room Tip: ask for a room that is within the arcade. some rooms aren't converted stores which would mean y...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business