1,833 results
All reviewschocolate barrock and roll hallwithin walking distancehistoric buildingunique hotelhouse of blueswedding receptionvalet parkingeuclid avenueheart of downtownsports venuesrestaurants and barshigh ceilingslocation is greatprogressive fieldplayhouse squarequicken loans arena
Reviewed March 27, 2008

I was in Cleveland this week for 3 days on business and selected the hyatt after doing some research. My first night was sunday and the rate was only $89 so that was a big plus. I picked the hyatt thinking I could eat dinner in the food court and not have to go out at night, without paying room service rates. OOPS - the food court in the arcade is not open at night! The concierge, however, was great - suggested a new Vietnamese place on 4th street less than 1 block away called Saigon - it was the best vietnamese food I have ever had, hands down. In Cleveland! There are 2 restaurants in the Arcade open at night (both pretty expensive), plus there are several places just across Euclid. The concierge had a map of other restaurants and was incredibly helpful.

The room was pretty much what I was expecting from a hyatt - nice bath, comfortable, fairly large. It had high ceilings for a hotel room, probably 10ft. My room was on the 8th floor overlooking Superior Ave, looking at the library with Lake Erie in the background (uploading pics.) The windows looked like they were the original casings. The armchair looked like it could have been from the same period (seriously... that thing was so old it was crusty.)

I saw a review about not feeling safe - some of the rooms open onto the arcade mall area, and I would not have wanted to stay in one of those by myself. There is a gate that keeps the public from going up the stairs, but still... if you are a woman travelling alone, ask for a room NOT inside the arcade. My room was not and felt completely safe.

I tried taking the train back to the airport on return and found there is a mall over at the Tower center, about 1 block away. Don't take the train, I definitely didn't feel safe and it was really dirty. I don't know if the city of Cleveland is trying to keep it a secret, but there are no signs anywhere, no fare lists, no schedules posted. I try to take public transportation whenever I travel and I have never seen a commuter train system that is so impossible to use.

One thing I enjoyed was the outdoor mall area which is between 3rd street and lakeside drive just across from the hotel. It was c-c-c-cold out, but still a nice walk.

Don't book through Orbitz! They take money in advance for hotel reservations and never make the reservation - this happened to me and they have a reputation for it.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank kkbenton
Reviewed February 18, 2008

This Hyatt is middling to average, though I've never felt so isolated in the downtown of a major city. The rooms, while clean and typically Hyatt appointed, are on the smaller side. The customer service is OK, though the concierge seemed to want to steer all guests towards the hotel services and away from anything that might possibly be interesting in the area (for example, when asked if there was a good place to get breakfast, the response was that the breakfast at the hotel was the best you could get in the area--not true). No need to valet park unless you are really paranoid of your car being messed with; there is plenty of street parking around the hotel. Valet is $20/day and it takes way more than the 15 minutes they promise for you to get your car--an enormous time waster. Park it on the street. Prices at the bar/restaurant are really high. I don't understand why, but they are. Looked like they had a nice workout area which I didn't use. The area around the hotel is a little depressing at least on the weekend. Kind of desolate, though that would be true of any of the hotels around here. Also, there was no gift shop or anywhere to get any kind of sundries, and there were no drug stores in the area that were open when we were looking for one (around 8pm on Saturday).

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank Ingrid60647
Reviewed February 9, 2008

We checked in late on Friday, February 8th, 2008, and we had an extremely pleasant experience from beginning to end. The valet parking was very convenient and the attendant could not have been nicer. The personnel attending the front desk upon our check-in also showed excellent customer service skills. We had a room that overlooked the arcade (I would strongly recommend requesting this). We travel extensively and I must say that this particular hotel, with it's ambiance and historical elements, was simply beyond compare. My brother is a history teacher and we spent a great deal of time traversing the arcade and looking in the shop windows. Our room, and the entire facility for that matter, was simply beautiful. We had a room on the 2nd floor with 2 double beds and the beds were very comfy. The room was large with a living room area and the entire unit was immaculate. I would describe the hotel as quite unique and we plan to stay again at some point in the future.

Stayed: February 2008
3  Thank rufusgoodboy
Reviewed February 5, 2008

This hotel is neat, but does not run smoothly & not to friendly staff. First the heat in the room does not work well at all it was 60 degrees or 80 degrees no happy medium. Then to valet parking is a NIGHTMARE! They told to call at least 15 min. before well I called 45 min thinking when I check out my car will be waiting well no car I waited 5 min & then asked oh they are after it. Ok another 5 min past no car I went back to ask oh your keys are here we will get it right away it took another 10 min at least I had ann appt at the hopsital planned on having plenty of time well I was .late because it took them a extra 25 min to get my car. The staff was really rude about it. I was stressed I know for having an appt at the clinic but why should it take 1 hour 5 min from the first call to get my car. Then on top of it they told me that I could have a fridge free of charge since I meds that need to be in it well guess what I was billed & told we do not waive that when i was told that.

also if you do stay here the food at the hotel is really on the high side.

Stayed: February 2008
Reviewed January 4, 2008

I have stayed twice in this Hotel in the last month. It is centrally located to easily get to all area attractions. It is also near Lola which is a great eatery within walking distance from Iron Chef Michael Symon.

The staff is generally friendly and willing to help.

The hotel does charge $20 per night for valet. During my first trip I used public parking next door for $5 a night but it closes at 2am on weekends and opens at 9am. The second stay I used the valet and the service was very good.

Room Service was excellent and the foods was of very good quality and the portions very large and the server extremely professional. One of the best room service dining experiences I have had in the last year.

The rooms are huge since it is converted offices when the arcade was used for small businesses

The beds are very comfortable with nice linens and adequate pillows in comfort, quality and quantity.

The room was very clean and in excellent condition. It was located on the exterior of the building and my first room had a nice view. The second room did not have a view.

I would highly recommend this hotel. The only down side is a lot of bums hitting you up for money in the arcade area and even in the hotel lobby.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled solo