“FIND ANOTHER HOTEL!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Columbus, Ohio
“FIND ANOTHER HOTEL!”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I had my personal property stolen from me which I then later found inside a maids cart. I attempted to make someone aware of this situation but was dismissed. I appear to be much younger than I actually am and because of this I am somewhat used to poor service but this has to be the worst hotel experience of my life. I have done a great deal of traveling in my life and have stayed at 5 star hotels and I have also stayed at 1 star motels in the middle of Appalachian Kentucky that costs $19.99 a night when I had to have my vehicle emergency repaired. For me to say this was the worst experience means it was in fact a horrendous experience. My room had used feminine products in the trashcan and there was literally a pile of french-fries on the floor. I stayed in one of the supposedly top rooms in the hotel, if this is the case then I would suggest not staying here and finding another hotel.

Room Tip: If you must stay here ONLY STAY HERE IF they give you a room with a view outside of the building, on...
1 Thank Ryan M
HRCleveland, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Ryan M,
We appreciate you sharing these details about your experience at Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade. We sincerely apologize for the misunderstanding regarding your missing item. Upon further investigation we found that our associate discovered your item in the guest room after your departure and was in the process of bringing it to our lost and found department. Thank you as well for sharing your feedback about the cleanliness of your room. Our guest's comfort is a top priority for us and this is not the level of service that we strive for. We hope this experience doesn’t deter you from joining us at Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade again, and we hope you’ll give us a second chance to welcome you back.
Please feel free to contact me at the hotel if you would like to further discuss.
Tim Meyer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
On The Road
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I was only going to be in town one night, and against my better judgement about staying downtown, I chose to do so anyway.

I am a business traveler, so strike number one is $9.95 for basic internet access. In today's market of doing more with less - $10 for internet access is $10 out of my travel budget that could be used for....anything else.

On to strike two.... parking. Yes, it is a downtown hotel - but a total of $30 for less than 24 hours of parking is absolutely ridiculous! The parking garage IS NOT connected to the hotel, so you have to exit the parking garage on to the street and to the hotel next door.

Finally strike 3 - my room WAS NOT on the atrium, it was down a hallway at the end of the building and I could STILL hear the activity in the atrium with my door closed - not to mention that my room faced the parking garage and there was some sort of concert going on nearby and the volume was unbearable - it took me over two hours to fall asleep.

The hotel is absolutely beautiful - nothing else like it in the city, that's for sure. However, the rooms are dated, the bathrooms look like they are out of the 1980's, and the overall decor isn't current enough to justify the premium price being charged for this inconvenient downtown property.

According to the signs in the lobby the restaurant doesn't serve dinner on Fridays.

The vacant retail locations on the lower level and 1st floor floor of the building is far from what one would expect from a high end hotel property.

Large full service hotels, for the most part, have passed their day of being destination properties.

The hotel is beautiful, and it holds a lot of opportunity - but I don't think the property is being managed in such a way allows the property to live up to its potential. Anytime a hotel shares the property with a larger public space, it is difficult to provide the hotel's best image to every individual walking through the front door.... so bell services and valet employees have to greet every guest that walks through the door.

I parked my vehicle and entered the property WITH my bags and yet wasn't greeted by any of the employees in front of the hotel. There is a lot of room for improvement at this property in regard to hospitality, even the basics!

Would I stay here again... possibly due to the very convenient location, but not until the hotel does some updates in the guest rooms.

To sum things up, IF I had purchased internet access.... I would have spent $40.00 just on parking and internet.

Room Tip: If my room away from the atrium was loud... I can't imagine how loud rooms that are in the atriu...
1 Thank admit_it
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Stayed here for a recent business trip for several nights and if I had to do it again, I'd go down the street at the DoubleTree where some friends stayed.

The Hyatt has charm and it is nice to have the shops and restaurants in a mall setting inside the hotel. However, when I stay for business, I really like a nice room but the rooms here are badly in need of a make over. Yellow/tan blah everywhere including the poor lighting. Very weak bathroom with 1980's tile and old nasty calking. Certainly not a tub you'd want to soak in.

The saving grace for me was the staff was more than attentive and the in room breakfast was excellent. I love a good veggy omelet in the morning and the ones I had here were stellar.

I hate to slam the hotel, especially my beloved Hyatt brand, but if you're staying downtown, go either DoubleTree or the Marriott. The latter is very modern, clean and has a great bar/restaurant.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I stayed at the Hyatt regency arcade at Cleveland for 2 nights over Monday and Tuesday
The place is charming and unique in its architecture. It is like you go back to he 19th century.very high ceilings, maybe 12ft.
The staff is friendly and accommodating.
It is located in the centre of everything I needed. The new Horseshoe casino, the 4th street, which is full of restaurants, rock n roll hall of fame, the baseball arena.
I stayed at the sixth floor of one of the towers. Even so I did not spend much time in the room, the room was very nice, unexpectedly well up kept.
There is an overall feeling that some of the components are a bit tired and not modern, however maybe it is just part of the heritage, it is also a bit dark.
The indoor galleria is a huge open space with a few shops, small food court, and a post office. The shops are really not contributing to the overall charm of the place. Feels that they are not related to the hotel and out of place.
I had breakfast at the hotels restaurant, it was not a buffet but full service. Served very well and surprisingly not expensive!!

Overalls, great location, very good service, very accommodating staff, very good value for money. Con: Might need some paint job in rooms and brighter lighting.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the tower facing the lake Or if you like the heritage arcade experience, it seems...
1 Thank vadimlud
Michigan
Reviewed October 5, 2012

This must be an old train station. Like a huge echo chamber with VERY poor sound proofing and a big wedding on the first floor. Very noisey and annoying .
Will not stay here again. Nearby Marriott much better.

• Stayed October 2012
Crested Butte, Colorado
Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

Very cool building - the Arcade is historic and looks like it's out if the 20's. Rooms in the Arcade side are old storefronts or appear to be. Very cool, perfect location, and reasonable. The bar however is completely dead, very quiet, and had a horribly loud refrigerator. They sell tiny martinis for $12. So, stay here but go to the casino down the street!

• Stayed October 2012
Clearwater Fl
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Thanks to C.A. from Washington I chose this hotel to stay at while in town for a combination of purposes.

I upgraded to a presidential suite since we were staying four days and needed a private work center as well as room to roam.

This suite #805 was $469 a night. In Tampa it would have been much higher. The room itself was gorgeous! Lots of windows, a view of the library with the stadium and the lake in the background. Nicely decorated and furnished with a fireplace, garden tub, seperate glass shower, dining room, and kitchen area. ALong with a full work area with printer. Marble foyer, in room movies, room service, it had it all.

The hotel location is ideal! The view superb.

I requested a bottle of champage and chocolate dipped berries to be in the room,but when I checked in the clerk said, "oh i see your request when would you like them" I stated now would be nice and got them 3 hours later when we got back from dinner.

The work station never worked. Now obviously I can't afford a room, vacation and meals that we afforded without being a much needed staple in my company. Being unable to work for four days was unacceptable. I reported the problem to the front desk who assured me they would send someone up that day while I perused the city. They didn't.

Getting a large kitchen area was important to me as I have special dietary needs and cant eat just any crap while on the raod. That being said, I ordered specifically in restaurants knowing I could bring food back to the room to have my needs met later. The refrigerator didnt' work. Well it kept it at room temp. Setting my bottled water under the air vent kept it cooler. I reported it as well. No one ever came to check it. I ended up putting an ice bucket full of ice in it to keep it cool. Thanks for ruining my special ordered food.

One thing I must say, DO NOT GET AN ARCADE ROOM! Unless you are part of the numerous weddings that go on here nightly you will not sleep. Now, I did not stay in one of these rooms, I almost fell for it but again needed better accomodations. If I had stayed here I would have screamed at someone to move me. The music blaring from the weddings would make it impossible to sleep in one these rooms or even rest. DOn't do it!!

The doormen and the valet were decent. Joe Gordon was very helpful . Collin in sales got me the room I wanted and was a gem to work with. The room service? Terrible! Ordered at 11:30 sunday. Menu stated breakfast available until noon lunch served after 11am. Apparently not cause it shook them all up when I tried to get both. Maid service? Terrible. Got turn down the first night, never again. Maid came morning one and asked me "what do you want me to do" Umm...clean the room would suffice. Front desk clerks never sent up repair people and never followed up with it. In room movies, never worked. TV Check out, never worked.

All in all, I loved my room. I would have loved it more if the amenities I paid to have were actually working. I would stay here again but next time I'd make it a point to make sure these items were correctly working or wring someones neck until they were!!

Room Tip: Dont get an arcade room. THey overlook the noisey arcade area and you will never sleep!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple