“Great Location!”

Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade
Ranked #15 of 38 Hotels in Cleveland
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I love what they have done with the Arcade; I'm from Cleveland but now live in Kentucky. When I visit I love stay here. I try to get a room facing the house of blues but if you want a little peace ask for a room off the arcade with a good city view. Beds are comfortable, food is average but the location is great. I love Cleveland, I've always like the Arcade and the variety of shops. This is not a Five star hotel but it is one of the best downtown Cleveland.

The valets staff Service is scary ... Depends on shift I think. I saw one staffer driving a guest car reckless, I said told the other valet he was not to drive my car. Late at night, your on your own especially if no one is on there post. I stayed there in November and I waited for a few minutes, parked my car in front of the hotel took my keys upstairs to the desk and he parked my car for.

The front desk staff are friendly & very helpful. I have no issues ever and i have stayed here several times in the last 12 months. The rooms located on the arcade are nice but it can be a little noisy if there is a reception going on, which does not really last all night and but it's still great hotel with a good experience.

Overall its a great hotel in a great location! The valet staff is not all unprofessional as a few.
I would say recommend this hotel it's a great hotel in a great location.

Room Tip: I like the view of the house of blues off the arcade.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
HRCleveland, Manager at Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2012

olskooldiva,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor. We’re glad to hear that enjoyed your stay, but disappointed that your experience with our valet service was outside of our normal service. We have shared your feedback with our valet company and look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,683)

Reviewed July 15, 2012

We stayed at the hotel for one night, we booked our room thru Hotwire (not knowing exactly where we would end up at the time of booking) and paid 85 EUR for our room. This review is based partly on the price we paid, the normal rates are probably much higher so it is up to you to decide if the stay is worth the cost.

First of all, the location is pretty much perfect. All the major downtown attractions are a short walk away and the hotel itself is situated in a beautiful, historic, newly renovated building (actually one of the first arcades in the US!). The rooms were in immaculate condition, very spacious, comfortable beds, large lcd tv and so forth.

However, as is often the case with the more upscale hotels, all the normal extras you would expect to be included in the room price (especially when these are normally included even in motels) weren't. For example, wifi is available but only for an extra cost. There were water bottles (that are often complimentary) in the room, but the Hyatt had priced these at $4. Breakfast not included as well, but this pretty standard in most US hotels.

The service at the front desk was attentive. The hotel offers valet parking for $22 per day (with in/out privileges), you can also self-park next door (without the in/out privileges according to the staff) for $20.

So, the evaluation of this hotel depends completely on how much you pay for your stay (and how much that affects your overall budget). With the price we paid, the value was very good considering the excellent location and the overall level of the hotel and the room. Nothing spectacular, but very good.

However, as the normal rate is much higher than this (up to 2-3 times the price we paid), I would expect something more. And having to pay separately for every little thing that is pretty much standard nowadays is a (minor) turn-off.

3  Thank vlouhimies
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Beautiful historic building. Comfortable updated rooms. Very friendly and helpful staff. Easy walk to the entertainment district or to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Recommended!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Waterloonie
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Stayed here for a concert. Great location. Close to the arena in walking distance. Fourth street is a great place to get food and people watch.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank keptreasuresOhio
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Went to Cleveland for a concert at the Q arena. I stayed in the Arcade King Suite, which was huge and well appointed. Very clean with a comfortable bed.

The Arcade was very unique. I wish the stores would have been open on Sundays.

The location of this hotel was perfect. right next to 4th street restaurants, close to Quicken Loans Arena and close to the Horseshoe Casino.

Had a great time and recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Room 250 (Arcade King) is nice.
2  Thank Robert_Nesta_Marley

We’re delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay at Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade. We’re thrilled to hear that you were able to take advantage of our convenient location to The Q Arena and East 4th St. We hope you enjoyed the concert and look forward to welcoming you back during your next trip to Cleveland.

Reviewed July 4, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Hyatt while in town for a concert. The hotel staff, namely Frederick, was fabulous! The room was just okay but the atmosphere was great. The location was perfect for the concert and nighlife.

Room Tip: Maybe ask for a higher floor to avoid a brick-wall view.
2  Thank vacamom3
Reviewed June 24, 2012

This hotel was renovated from the 1890s built Cleveland, Ohio Arcade. The hotel is built around a glass atrium (like a greenhouse roof). There first two floors are retail stores, including a US Post Office. The location is fabulous. You're very close to the sports stadiums and directly across the street from E 4th which is a car less alley lined with exceptional restaurants. There is also a great casino within walking distance. We had a delicious meal at their restaurant named 1890.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MaryElle

MaryElle,

We’re delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We often hear enthusiastic feedback about the beauty of The Arcade and our convenient location to East 4th St. and the new Horseshoe Casino. We hope you’ll join us again for your next visit to Cleveland.