1,859 results
All reviews chocolate bar rock and roll hall within walking distance historic building unique hotel house of blues wedding reception valet parking euclid avenue heart of downtown sports venues restaurants and bars high ceilings location is great progressive field playhouse square quicken loans arena
Reviewed April 23, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Hyatt over Easter weekend to catch a ballgame and visit the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame. The room suited our needs for the weekend - two double beds, a desk, decent sized bathroom and closets and drawers. We stayed in one of the tower rooms and our windows faced the lake. I had read reviews that the arcade rooms are noisy so I just asked for a quiet room and they put us up in the tower. I had read some reviews that the hotel was outdated but I didn't find it that way. Yes, the tvs are tubes rather than flat screens but that didn't bother us, the picture was still fine. The hotel restaurant had a fabulous buffet on Sunday and there are many restaurants and bars right outside the hotel. It's also a short walk to Progressive Field and the Rock Hall. Lots of nice architecture to look at around that area as well. It's also a cab ride from Ohio City neighbourhood where the Great Lakes Brewing Company which I highly recommend visiting as well as The Flying Fig restaurant across the street - great food!

Our experience at the hotel was pretty good except for the fact that our bed was never made up, not once in three nights. After the first night I notified the lobby and they said they would send someone up (but it was 11pm, a little too late!). I just asked them to make sure it was done the next day. Came home at 9pm the next day (we had been gone since the morning) and the beds were once again not made up. Again, they said they would send someone up but didn't really offer anything else until I pushed it and then was offered free breakfast for 2 in the morning which was fine. For me, going to a hotel means you don't have to make your own bed so I wasn't too happy with this.

Valet parking is also $22 per night which I was unaware of when I booked the hotel through Hotwire. Also, if you are booking through a discount website I would recommend waiting longer before booking - we booked a month before and I checked again a week before we left and prices were lower and also included breakfast. Anyway, the valet was efficient, just call down from your room before you head down, it takes 10 - 15 minutes to retrieve your car.

Room Tip: Ask for a 'quiet' room.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank VBDB
Reviewed April 23, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this property for three nights attending several events in the Cleveland area. On the weekdays, this downtown location is very nice with various shops and restaurants open for business. Weekends are a different story with most being closed as might be expected in a downtown location. The Arcade area is certainly intriguing but not worth much in terms of shopping or dining but for a few places (though the Brass Tack shoe repair shop saved the day!). The best dining is across the street where you can visit some fine restaurants. We enjoyed Lola's very much and it is recommended. The hotel does host wedding receptions in the open Arcade area and our Saturday night stay was very noisy up until about 11PM and even a little after. I noted in a visit to the front desk on Saturday that a flyer was available for those checking in to advise guests they could select a room in the tower portion of the hotel because of the expected noise. We were not advised of the party when we checked in but not sure we would have moved. The noise was certainly noticeable but not overwhelming. Having stayed at many Hyatts, this property does not have the higher level of service I have seen at other properties. Everything is good but, as others have stated, the property is an average one in terms of service and decor. Nothing particularly bad and nothing particularly great. Rates were good and our stay was good. One tip: if you valet, give yourself more than the 15 minutes they say you may have to wait as the wait can be longer when busy.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank FellowTraveler604
Reviewed April 19, 2012

I stayed here for a business trip. This is a very unique, historic hotel right in the heart of downtown. I was pleasantly surprised. Although the building is old, the rooms are up to date and modern. My view from the 2nd floor wasn't good (parking garage and I could hear people talking outside my window), but other than that I enjoyed my stay. There is a nice fitness facility that I used both nights. I also ate breakfast one morning at the 1890 restaurant. Eggs, bacon, fruit, coffee and toast were all very good. The staff was very friendly and prompt. They signed me up for the Hyatt loyaly program and gave me late checkout privileges on the spot (although I did not use it... it was nice to have in case I did need it). I will stay there again, although I will probably request a higher floor next time.

Room Tip: Stay in the higher floors and away from the parking garage.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 16, 2012

We spent one night at the Hyatt at The Arcade during a recent trip to Cleveland for the Rock and Roll Hall 2012 Induction Ceremony. The hotel was very near to the Public Hall and within walking distance of The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. The parking was valet only for $22 per night with attentive and polite attendants. There are car parks close to the hotel, so you could self-park if you so desired. You take an elevator (or stairs if you're not carrying luggage) to the lobby. Check-in was slow as there was only one clerk; however, we arrived 3 hours before the 3:00 check-in, so I understood the wait. Our room was on the 4th floor of the Arcade and we were advised that there was a wedding that night and there would be music from 4-11. Not a big deal for us, but something to note. The room itself could have used more lighting in the desk area. The room was stocked with the usual soap, shampoo, etc. but also had a small tube of toothpaste which was a nice touch. The rooms also had two bottles for Aquafina water at $4 per bottle. I don't understand charging for water, especially since none of the stores in Cleveland seem to be open on the weekend. The hotel lobby has a coffee bar serving Starbucks and other beverages, but it was closed when we tried to grab a coffee around 2:00 on Saturday afternoon. After the concert, we were on the search for food, but no restaurants were open (except for Guys Pizza which were overrun with concertgoers). The bed was very comfortable and I slept well until an alarm went off in the hotel around 5:30AM. There was only one alarm, I waited but there were no others, so I went back to bed. Check-out was easy but the valet took a long time to bring our car because our keys were mislabeled. That concerned me. The room was good, the location excellent for what we had planned, but the Hyatt could work on their amenities and services.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MinaMePittsburgh
Reviewed April 15, 2012

Was booked here on business and was close to the Public Hall where I was working for a week. The best thing here is the staff, and the reason it gets a very good instead of average. Even the girl at the front desk when I came in from work every night at 1p or later was super-nice and pleasant when I needed a question answered, a wake up call or whatever. Check in was easy and I was allowed to check in early without a problem. The building is beautiful architecturally, but old, very spread out, and weathered. The arcade is kind of like a ghost town mall. The floor in my room was uneven and creaked when you walked through it. It was a really old room that they tried to dress up, but still a with a 27 inch tube tv, stained carpet, and threadbare towels, just fell short. King bed was comfy, though. Close to some great restaurants and nightlife right out the back door. So, if you for some reason you need to be in the downtown Cleveland area, you could do worse. Bring the facilities up to the level of your staff and it will be a don't miss.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business