1,851 results
All reviews chocolate bar rock and roll hall within walking distance historic building unique hotel house of blues wedding reception valet parking euclid avenue heart of downtown sports venues restaurants and bars high ceilings location is great progressive field playhouse square quicken loans arena
Reviewed March 28, 2012

We did not know just how much Cleveland likes their St Patty's day parties, but we definitely found out when we were here! We requested a quiet room so we were not in the Arcade area rooms and we were put in room 515. The room is set back a bit from the other rooms so while crazy drunk people were all over the hotel with their annoying kids in tow all over the floors, the sound was actually pretty quiet. I definitely appreciated that. We came here because I have frequent Hyatt points, so my room was free. I really have nothing to complain about. It was nice and clean and we were really out and about all weekend. We came as a 2 day getaway from the kids, ate at all the Michael Symon restaurants and at Lucky's Cafe for breakfast, went to the chocolate bar for after dinner drinks (which is in the hotel), and everything was good. I would stay here again, but I would be sure that it wasn't during St Patrick's Day, that is, unless you like the "Mardi Gras" type people all over the place which is what it felt like, but everyone was in green!

Room Tip: If you like quiet, stay AWAY from the arcade rooms and ask for the regular hotel rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mel8905
Reviewed March 27, 2012

From the service to the room, to the location and price - all wrapped up in one.

Room Tip: If you are sure you want quiet - make sure you request a quiet room. My understanding is that the rooms along the arcade tend to get loud.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 26, 2012

This hotel is so unique! Everyone was very friendly, the front desk team and bell man assisted me with all my pestering; store my bag, pull my bag, store it again. I had a room overlooking a street with lights and stores and restaurants - I don't remember the name unfortunately, but it was a great view. The rooms were a little dated, but I did hear of a possible renovation. Bed was comfortable, and I slept like a rock. One thing that I absolutely loved was the shower! It was nothing fancy, just your standard tub/shower combo with curtain, but the shower head and the water made it fantastic! I almost took another shower.

At breakfast the restaurant was very efficient and always refilling my coffee.

I would stay here again in a heartbeat when I am back in Cleveland. Great location downtown.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank VailErika
Reviewed March 23, 2012

Nice rooms! Nice Bar. Room service excellent. Great location to everything. Very unique setting makes this a memorable stay. Staff is friendly. Definitely recommend.

Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
HRCleveland, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2012

mlc222, We're glad that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Thank you for the great feedback and we hope that we'll have an opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed March 17, 2012

I stayed here a couple of nights on business in March 2012. Overall, the hotel was fine. It's in a cool old building (the "arcade") and many of the rooms face the atrium of the arcade itself (mine did not). I thought that the architecture of the building was quite interesting; I like it when hotels take over old buildings.

The shopping in the arcade, however, isn't much -- a nail spa and a few other random retailers. The hotel's restaurant is off the arcade, too, and was very depressing-looking; during the dinner hours, I saw no one enter it.

The hotel is in a good location within downtown Cleveland; out the 'back' side of the arcade there is a strip of restaurants, some of which are quite good.

Valet service was pretty good. It took around 15 minutes for cars to be retrieved, which is awhile, but they were fully transparent about this, so each time I needed my car, I called 15 mins. in advance and it was ready as promised. The valet staff is very nice. Upon arrival at the hotel, it could be clearer where the valet is located; I drove around the block a couple of times before I realized where to pull in.

I ordered room service. It came promptly; an item was missing from my order, however. To his credit, the staff member instantly realized this and came back with the item within just a few minutes. So, no big deal. The food (a big salad with salmon on top) was quite good.

The fitness center is complete, with a good array of cardio equipment, free weights, jump ropes, balls, etc. It could be a bit bigger, but the equipment was in great shape and I appreciated the 'extras' (jump ropes, resistance bands, etc.).

So here's the thing that was underwhelming -- hence the 'average' rating: the room. I am an 'elite' member with Gold Passport, so I was really disappointed when the room to which I was assigned did not resemble the photos on the hotel's website. I was in a very small, corner room. The room's condition, while not poor, wasn't great either -- it could use a refresh, especially the ancient boxy TV in the huge armoire, etc. Everything was clean, however, and the internet access worked without a problem.

Lots of potential at this hotel. With fresher rooms and perhaps a revitalized "arcade," it could be outstanding.

My overall assessment is that I would stay here again, but would certainly investigate other options in the same area, too.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business