Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade
  • Pool
  • Room Service
  • Bar/Lounge
1,714 results
All reviewschocolate barrock and roll hallrenovated roomhistoric buildingwithin walking distancehouse of bluesbeautiful hotelvalet parkingeuclid avenuesports venuesheart of downtownlocation is greathigh ceilingsrestaurants and barsprogressive fieldsitting areaplayhouse square
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 17, 2012

I stayed here a couple of nights on business in March 2012. Overall, the hotel was fine. It's in a cool old building (the "arcade") and many of the rooms face the atrium of the arcade itself (mine did not). I thought that the architecture of the building was quite interesting; I like it when hotels take over old buildings.

The shopping in the arcade, however, isn't much -- a nail spa and a few other random retailers. The hotel's restaurant is off the arcade, too, and was very depressing-looking; during the dinner hours, I saw no one enter it.

The hotel is in a good location within downtown Cleveland; out the 'back' side of the arcade there is a strip of restaurants, some of which are quite good.

Valet service was pretty good. It took around 15 minutes for cars to be retrieved, which is awhile, but they were fully transparent about this, so each time I needed my car, I called 15 mins. in advance and it was ready as promised. The valet staff is very nice. Upon arrival at the hotel, it could be clearer where the valet is located; I drove around the block a couple of times before I realized where to pull in.

I ordered room service. It came promptly; an item was missing from my order, however. To his credit, the staff member instantly realized this and came back with the item within just a few minutes. So, no big deal. The food (a big salad with salmon on top) was quite good.

The fitness center is complete, with a good array of cardio equipment, free weights, jump ropes, balls, etc. It could be a bit bigger, but the equipment was in great shape and I appreciated the 'extras' (jump ropes, resistance bands, etc.).

So here's the thing that was underwhelming -- hence the 'average' rating: the room. I am an 'elite' member with Gold Passport, so I was really disappointed when the room to which I was assigned did not resemble the photos on the hotel's website. I was in a very small, corner room. The room's condition, while not poor, wasn't great either -- it could use a refresh, especially the ancient boxy TV in the huge armoire, etc. Everything was clean, however, and the internet access worked without a problem.

Lots of potential at this hotel. With fresher rooms and perhaps a revitalized "arcade," it could be outstanding.

My overall assessment is that I would stay here again, but would certainly investigate other options in the same area, too.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank brmusicman
Reviewed March 11, 2012

Putting hotel rooms in an echo-y arcade has its problems. I spent the weekend here, and despite requesting a room with a view (at a premium cost) I was sent to a weird 2nd-floor room with no window out at all! The only windows were facing in, toward the arcade atrium, and all the noise from the food court below drifted up.

But then when I walked down stairs, I saw the real culprit. I was placed directly above a very popular bar. I couldn't believe it. I was able to convince the desk to place me on an upper level outside the arcade, which is what I suggest anyone checking in should do. The room in the tower was a lot more dated, but it was OK. No great shakes.

The 1890 lobby bar and restaurant redeemed the place. Great breakfast, and the next evening, a really terrific burger on a brioche bun.

Service was friendly all-around, but sloppy. When I checked out, I saw I was billed for the "city view," which I never got. My reassigned room overlooked the roof of the arcade. The other side of the building would have overlooked the museum and library, two beautiful buildings, and possibly more historic buildings beyond. They cheerfully removed the charge.

Room Tip: Don't let them stick you in the arcade, even if that's the gimmick they use to differentiate themselves.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Steeroyo
Reviewed February 28, 2012

Just checked in a little while ago, and although the front desk service was great, my room is underwhelming. An old tube TV, barely any outlets, no extra room to eat other than the desk I'm working at, and an overly small room. Unless I really need to stay downtown (the location is convenient for the meetings I'm having), I won't be back.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank RockyMtnBri
Reviewed February 26, 2012

This hotel is the northern anchor building for the 4th Street Entertainment District (The Chocolate Bar is actually in the hotel building). The hotel rooms are located either in the Arcade (an old indoor shopping center) or in two towers. Although the hotel is only ten or so years old, the building is over 100 years old so expect smaller rooms. Although small, the rooms are well furnished and mine was clean. As noted by other users, the hotel does not put a coffee/tea machine in your room and only has older tube TVs. The staff is friendly and very accommodating. The hotel asks you allow fifteen minutes to have the valet retrieve your car and I found it did take the whole fifteen minutes whether they were busy or not. Really you can't beat the location and quality of this hotel for downtown Cleveland.

Room Tip: The quiet rooms are in the towers.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Peter T
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Went to Cleveland for a quick weekend get-away. We selected the Hyatt based on its location as we went to a Cavilers game. Not sure what to say other than the hotel was fine. Despite some minor annoyances, I would stay there again. The room was clean and hotel staff friendly. Nothing was over-the-top. You can't ask for a better location. We walked to the Q arena and to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. There are great restaurants and bars directly across the street from the hotel. The hotel gym also has good equipment and was very clean. What bothered me was the tv in the room was an old tube tv - just shocked that the Hyatt hasn't upgraded to flat screens. Also, the service at the hotel restaurant was EXTREMELY slow. The staff seems to get very overwhelmed when it gets a little busy.

Room Tip: Request a room on a high. We did and so glad. You do not want to be on floors two or three.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple