I recently stayed for three nights at the Hyatt Regency Cleveland Arcade, travelling for business. I’ve stayed seven nights over two previous visits, so I knew what to expect. Well, at least I thought I did.
My two previous visits had been up in the tower. The tower is easily accessible by elevator from the main lobby and featured somewhat spacious modern rooms with several amenities. The views from the tower are nice and a relaxing way to unwind at the end of a busy day.
With this visit, I was placed in the last king bed available, an arcade level room. I was not nearly as pleased with the room. There is no view to speak of, as there is a brick wall immediately outside the smallish window. The arcade itself is supposed to provide the view, yet the arcade had people walking in front of your room constantly. I felt as if I were on display at all times unless I pulled the curtains shut. Perhaps installing one-way glass would help. Thus, the only natural light was through the small window looking at the brick wall.
That was fine until it was time to sleep. The blackout curtains used for the arcade windows did not adequately cover the sides. Thus, there was plenty of light from the arcade streaming in the edges at all hours of the night. Perhaps pinning the curtains to the edges would help control this issue.
The room also seemed smaller than any other Hyatt room that I’ve ever visited. There was only one chair available to sit in—the chair at the desk. Thus, I could relax either at the desk, or on my bed. That was a little frustrating.
The in-room safe was locked when I arrived. When I asked the front desk about it the next morning, they sent someone to fix it. The hotel’s response was adequate, but I would have hoped that the housekeeping staff would have noticed the problem when cleaning up after the previous guest.
I know from previous experience that noise on the arcade level could be a problem, especially during events. I didn’t experience noise issues during this visit, but would recommend that other guests inquire about special events when making reservations for Friday or Saturday nights.
I would like to point out that the hotel staff was excellent. When someone at the front desk asked me how my stay was, I mentioned that I wasn’t as happy about the arcade level king as some of the other rooms. They immediately looked to see what other rooms were available for me. They did not have another king that suited me, but I definitely appreciate their efforts.
I think the staff has a difficult situation in front of them, and I commend them for their efforts. The arcade level rooms are historic, but are fraught with problems from the view, to the noise, to the lighting, to the room size. There aren’t enough rooms in the rest of the hotel to accommodate guests who complain about those issues.
I’m sure I will stay at this Hyatt again, because I know that when it works, it works well. Nevertheless, I can empathize with all of the guests who are stuck in the arcade level rooms…
I know that the Hyatt management reads these posts, but I'm interested in what kind of real changes they are planning to implement to solve these issues with the rooms on the Arcade.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of downtown in a Historic Landmark Building, Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade offers 293 newly renovated guestrooms. The hotel is walking distance from the Cleveland Convention Center, Progressive Field, FirstEnergy Stadium, Quicken Loans Arena, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, the East 4th Street entertainment district, Playhouse Square, and the Jack Casino. It features 14,000 square feet of divisible meeting space, including four executive boardrooms, five banquet rooms, and 4,800 square feet of prefunction space. 1890 Restaurant and Lounge, overlooking the historic Arcade, offer breakfast, lunch and dinner in a cozy atmosphere. Guests will also enjoy the fully equipped 24-hour fitness center and luxury spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Cleveland At The Arcade Hotel Cleveland
- Hyatt Cleveland
- Hyatt Regency Cleveland At The Arcade Ohio