“An average Holiday Inn” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 37 Hotels in Cleveland
Belleville, Illinois
“An average Holiday Inn”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

This was a decent hotel. It is an older property but they said they are getting ready to renovate soon. It shows its age but it seemed pretty clean. We were accidently booked for a smoking room and the hotel was completely sold out (as was everywhere in Cleveland). We were unable to stay in the smoking room because of the young children we had. The lady at the front desk (Sidmarie-spelling?) was so kind and did everything she could to get us a non smoking room. We ended up with a handicapped room and she was able to get us a roll away.

The pool area was large but old and worn. But, the kids enjoyed swimming in it and it was clean.

Compared to other 3 star hotels (as was listed on the 3rd party sight we booked on) this was more like a 2 star or 2.5 star hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank sunandfun31
Karen K, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Cleveland Airport, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Dear Sunandfun31,
Thank you for your recent review. We are an older property but as you said it we will be starting our renovations soon! I am pleased to hear that Cydmarie was helpful and able to accomodate you. I will pass your comments along to her. I am glad you were able to enjoy our pool. We have one of the largest indoor pools in Cleveland! I hope the next time you are vising Cleveland you choose to stay with us and see all our upgrades!

Candiac, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

This must be one of the Holiday Inn's older properties. As usual for Holiday Inn, it has been kept in pretty good shape. The bed spread covers were a bit stained, and the sheets were older, but everything was clean. The bed and pillows were very comfortably.

We did like the fact that there was a couch in the room, and that the room was spacious. We did not like the fact that there was no microwave or fridge in the room. This is common with Holiday Inns - probably to encourage people to use their restaurant or room service. Fooled them - we went elsewhere! They should get with the program and provide travellers with these commonly available appliances.

The A/C was noisier than in the newer units, but bearable.

WiFi was free and was verb speedy.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Karen K, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Cleveland Airport, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Dear Brian O,
Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that you had a good stay. We are going to be renovated soon and we will be updating the rooms with microwaves/fridge combos. I hope we see you again soon!
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

We booked this hotel room on Priceline, so were delighted when they honored our request and gave us a non-smoking room. The room was comfortably furnished, and we even had a sofa! The bathroom was clean and classy. We were encouraged to eat at "Nana's" the Italian restaurant attached to the hotel. We thought the prices, especially for breakfast, were not good value - so looked elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Manxbabe81,
Thank you for your recent review. I am glad to hear that you were pleased with your room. I will pass your comments about our restaurant prices to our F&B manager to review. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!
Fremont, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

I stayed with a friend for a symposium in Holiday Inn Cleveland Airport for last weekend (2 nights) in room 305, the room had a peculiar smell and was very humid/damp. Due to busy schedule and returning to rooms late night we did not bother to check for the rashes on my hand that appeared on 2nd day when I realized that I was bit by bed bugs. And unfortunately they have traveled home with me.
Very Disappointed by the stay at this place.

Room Tip: Check for the Bed Bugs
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
      Location
3 Thank Navkiran K
Karen K, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Cleveland Airport, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Dear NavkiranK,
I am so sorry that you had such a bad stay with us. Unfortunatly bed bugs are a part of the hospitality and airline industry. Bed bugs are so easily transfered since they can live without food for over a month that it does not mater how clean you are. Since they can spread so easiely we have a professional company that deals with any room that has been questioned. I am so sorry that you had to have this horrible experience.

Travelers are raving about these Cleveland hotels

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Just recently moved and decided to do a weekend getaway. This facility has not been updated in a very long time. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. However, the walls are yellow wallpaper with dark green carpet. Looks like it is right out of the 70's. I can handle that but our room windows were frosted so to speak. The walls had stains with age. The cloth shower curtain had holes in it larger than a quarter. The pillows... don't even start me on the pillows. You get 4 pilllows that are the size of a throw pillow on a king size bed. We were really looking forward to getting away and staying somewhere decent. I was highly dissapointed. I've stayed at cheaper, nicer 2 star hotels. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone until they do some renovations.

Room Tip: Pay the extra money... you'll be happy you did
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 stars
Karen K, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Cleveland Airport, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear ChurchS,
I am so sorry that you did not have a relaxing and enjoyable weekend getaway. We are an older property and are awaiting renovations. Our ownership is going to be doing renovations starting this year. I hope that you give us a try after our renovations so we can show you a great time!
Gainesville, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

The front desk staff was excellent! Very friendly...I felt awful to have to complain to her. The room was very neat, but there were spots on the linen.It did not look clean. I am sure the linen was laundered, but perhaps the spots did not come out in the wash. There were a few other issues, I will just say if you choose to stay here, check the sheets and covers very closely. There was a bug on my bed...i took a picture and called the front desk.I chose to checkout and go to another facility.The front desk staff tried to do everything to accommodate me. They were excellent. I just could not stay. Here is a word of caution...I am a bit of a hotel snob..so it may be of for some people, just not for me

• Stayed June 2014
      Location
Dear Toastma,
I apologize for the discomfort of your recent stay with us. I have passed your comments along to both my maintenance and housekeeping departments. Our manangement company has just ordered new linens for the guest rooms. I hope that you give us another try next time you are in Cleveland.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

Stayed Saturday night. Hotel was busy with a wedding and convention. Check in and out was smooth. Employees located and brought luggage cart to us, and responded quickly when noisy partying guests awoke us in the middle of the night. Completely unimpressed with restaurant both at dinner and breakfast, but service and accommodations are great for the price and location of this hotel. Pool is large and clean. The room was spotless and recently remodeled. Several good restaurants very close and a convenient location to north-south travelers.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
I am glad you enjoyed your stay! Thank you for the great comment!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cleveland
La Quinta Inn Cleveland Airport North
Days Inn Cleveland Airport South
Days Inn Cleveland Airport South
#7 of 10 in Middleburg Heights
3.5 of 5 stars 423 reviews

Been to Holiday Inn Cleveland Airport? Share your experiences!