“Execellent location, great service, very very clean!”

Cleveland Marriott Downtown at Key Center
Ranked #8 of 38 Hotels in Cleveland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Ottawa
“Execellent location, great service, very very clean!”
Reviewed September 15, 2009

My friends and I stayed here to take in a baseball game and a football game. The location is great. Walking distance from both stadiums. The hotel was very clean and the staff were very friendly. The rooms were comfortable and clean. The only problem with this hotel is that it is so close to everything that with the football game going on the hotel was packed. It is big enough to handle the crowds.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
Detroit
Reviewed September 8, 2009

This is a great hotel. Good location and the staff was very good. Rooms are excellent and well kept. Beds are very comfortable. Can't go wrong staying here.

Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Framptonfans
New York, NY, USA
Reviewed August 25, 2009

I was in Cleveland for one night on business and enjoyed my stay. Check-in and check-out was smooth and the receptionists were friendly. The rooms are clean and new and well equipped. Coffee maker, iron/ironing board, safe, etc, all standard these days in the better hotels. No robe or slippers. The queen size bed was comfy and the bedding was soft. The working desk had a good chair and lots of outlets for plugs. I didn't see wired internet, though I'm sure it's available. Wifi is $12.95 a day, which seems steep to me. My view was of a parking lot but I didn't really care for one night. Downstairs in the lobby there is a bar and restaurant that I didn't try--restaurant row is a few blocks away and an easy walk. There is a compute next to the reception desk where you can print out boarding passes for free. There is a small business center, really a small room, with a couple of computers that you can use for email, etc. The gym on the fourth floor is somewhat small but enough room for four modern treadmills (w/ tv), and some other cardio equipment. No real freeweights to speak of. The room was under renovation so it was a bit of a mess but the machines still worked. There is a medium-sized indoor pool and hot tub and sauna next to the workout room. On the same floor is a laundry room with one washer and one dryer, which I guess is available for guests to use--it didn't seem coin operated to me. For some reason there is a microwave in the same room.

All in all, it was a pleasant stay and I would stay there again when doing business in the area.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Arizona
Reviewed August 25, 2009

After reviewing this hotel on TripAdvisor, I decided to book. The location is good for being right downtown Cleveland, However, the hotel is located around Public Square where homelessness apparently runs rampant and there are a good deal of indigent folks hanging out. It seems safe enough, but I must admit I was a little spooked at night.
There are some good restaurants nearby, several blocks away in the Warehouse District. Be aware that there is likely to be little happening in this area unless a game is going on at the arena, so it can be very deserted on the weekend.
The hotel itself could use some tender loving care. The lobby carpeting is getting quite worn, and when we went to the bar to have a drink, the wheels fell off several chairs when they were moved and the furnishing in general were quite old and worn. Service, however, was good.
The room we had was located on a high floor and the view of the city was nice. It was quite dark, however, on the city view side of the hotel. The room had several problems which the staff was notified of. Apparently, they did try to service the items (loud and noisy refrigerator), toilet running constantly, plugged up bathtub when running shower), some successfully, others not. Room was quite large, comfortable, and well appointed. The bedding, however, was a bit too soft for us and the pillows were not very comfortable.
We are in the bar and at the restaurant. The food is good and reasonably priced. Service is good overall.
I'm not quite sure why this hotel gets such rave reviews on TripAdviser, but I guess that is why we are all different in our likes and dislikes. I would certainly not rate this one of the best, top-notch Marriotts around; but, perhaps for Cleveland it is.

Canada
Reviewed August 24, 2009

We obtained a great price from Priceline for an overnight stay en route through Cleveland. The hotel was lovely, but the staff weren't quite so impressive. The scruffy, gum-chewing valet with unnoticeable customer-service skills inspired us to park our own vehicle; the check-in clerk who neglected to provide a proper parking pass caused wasted time and unnecessary annoyance; the guest services person we contacted for directions to a particular fine dining establishment told us the restaurant was closed for the evening but offered the *phone number* and then neglected to suggest any another options for a late-night meal. The final insult came the next morning when we attempted to avoid any further human contact by using the in-room checkout system; the system was offline, which we mentioned to the overly punctilious check-out individual who stupidly advised that ever happened we were welcome to check-out at the front desk - well, duh. To say the least, we were disappointed with the service all around. Our view was exceptional, but only because we've never had such a clear sightline to such large air conditioning units before. This certainly wasn't our Marriott "home away from home".

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed August 17, 2009

My wife and I stayed the weekend in Cleveland. We arrived late in the day and handed over our vehicle to the valet service ($20 per day). We quickly found that street parking downtown was free on the weekends and there were many spaces available. Check-in was quick and friendly. The Marriott is very centrally located (near the Warehouse District, Rock N' Roll Museum, Brown's stadium, Progressive Field, etc.). This was great for us, since we could easily walk to sites, pubs, restaurants, etc.. We were hassled by a few homeless folks (not too aggressive), but the area seemed to be very safe to us even late in the evening.

The room was very good. Great view of Lake Erie, Flat screen TV, king bed, desk, one comfy chair, good lighting, hairdryer, safe for valuables, good sized desk. Tub & toilet were separated from the sink - nice feature. Toilet filled very slowly, but this wasn't a big problem. The room was very clean. We didn't hear any noise from adjacent rooms. The bed had excellent reading lights that could spot illuminate with minimal reflections to bother your sleeping partner.

The fitness room was good with a number of machines, weights, towels, head-sets for the machines, water cooler, a hot tub, and a small indoor pool. Very good.

We didn't use the hotel restaurant or bar (plenty of places are available within a 10 minute walk).

The internet service was expensive at $12.95 per day - a huge annoyance to me as a business traveler. Go to a couple of the local coffee places for free wifi. The "non-valet" parking is also $20, but there are local lots are cheaper.

Check out was smooth, they tried to tag us with parking for our entire stay, but quickly removed the charges when I corrected them. Staff was warm, friendly, and courteous. Concierge Dick was extremely helpful to us for finding eating places.

2 Thank pabl01neum
Albany, NY
Reviewed August 9, 2009

We spent this weekend at the Cleveland Marriott and would highly recommend it to anyone coming into the area. I had read other reviews that the check in line was long and that the hotel was not in a good neighborhood, so I was a bit nervous before arriving.

The checkin was easy. We arrived around 1pm and were immediately given a room. We happen to be here on a weekend prior to The Browns season starting and the Indians are out of town. This is a major hotel for both of those stadiums for players, news and fans. I would plan accordingly and expect it to take a few minutes if you are checking in when one or both teams is in town. I will say that there were at least 3 or 4 people working check in the whole time we were there though, so I can't imagine why things wouldn't keep moving.

The room we were assigned was great-22nd floor witha lovely view of Lake Erie, Browns Stadium and the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame. Comfy king bed and plenty of space to not feel cramped. There were a few oddities with the room-none that were deal breakers for me-but perhaps for others so I shall mention them-There was no real dresser. 2 little drawers is it. If you are staying more than a couple of days or with more than 2 people you may want that. No good towel bar in the bathroom and a lot of dead space next to the toilet-just odd. They could put a plant there or something-again not a big deal for me though.

We did not use room service, but I am sure it is the same here as every other Marriott. All staff we encountered was helpful and friendly. The concierge desk gave us a great pick for Breakfast (Water Street Grill) as well as maps so we could walk to destinations. You can buy your Rock Hall of Fame tickets right in the gift shop which saves on standing in line. You can also buy beers brewed in local breweries there, such as Great Lakes which is a nice touch.

The neighborhood we were in was great, I never once felt unsafe and we walked most everyplace most of the time here. The Marriott is kind of in the middle of a lot of great things that are each no more than 10 minutes walk-Browns Stadium, Rock Hall of Fame, Science Musuem, Warehouse District w/great restaurants and 4th Street also with amazing restaurants.

We highly recommend these 2 restaurants to dine at in Cleveland-Lola owned by Chef Michael Symon (Food Network Iron Chef) on 4th Street was among the best, and Great Lakes Brewery-need a car or taxi but well worth it!

2 Thank sdsansky