After reviewing this hotel on TripAdvisor, I decided to book. The location is good for being right downtown Cleveland, However, the hotel is located around Public Square where homelessness apparently runs rampant and there are a good deal of indigent folks hanging out. It seems safe enough, but I must admit I was a little spooked at night.
There are some good restaurants nearby, several blocks away in the Warehouse District. Be aware that there is likely to be little happening in this area unless a game is going on at the arena, so it can be very deserted on the weekend.
The hotel itself could use some tender loving care. The lobby carpeting is getting quite worn, and when we went to the bar to have a drink, the wheels fell off several chairs when they were moved and the furnishing in general were quite old and worn. Service, however, was good.
The room we had was located on a high floor and the view of the city was nice. It was quite dark, however, on the city view side of the hotel. The room had several problems which the staff was notified of. Apparently, they did try to service the items (loud and noisy refrigerator), toilet running constantly, plugged up bathtub when running shower), some successfully, others not. Room was quite large, comfortable, and well appointed. The bedding, however, was a bit too soft for us and the pillows were not very comfortable.
We are in the bar and at the restaurant. The food is good and reasonably priced. Service is good overall.
I'm not quite sure why this hotel gets such rave reviews on TripAdviser, but I guess that is why we are all different in our likes and dislikes. I would certainly not rate this one of the best, top-notch Marriotts around; but, perhaps for Cleveland it is.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience ultimate style and sophistication at the revitalized Cleveland Marriott Downtown, an urban retreat. Offering stunning views of Lake Erie and the city skyline, this 25-story hotel boasts 400 rooms with sleek furnishings and upgraded bathrooms fresh off a $10 million renovation. Explore exciting attractions within a short walk of this metropolitan hotel, such as the new Horseshoe Casino, Quicken Loans Arena, Browns Stadium, Progressive Field and Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. Take advantage of our renowned hotel staff for unmatched hospitality and deep local knowledge for an authentic Cleveland experience. For casual dining, relax among warm wood styling at Jake’s sports lounge or taste contemporary American cuisine at David’s Restaurant, conveniently situated within our hotel. Rediscover comfort at the refreshingly-modern Cleveland Marriott Downtown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cleveland Marriott Downtown at Key Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Cleveland Downtown At Key Hotel Cleveland
- Key Center
- Cleveland Marriott Downtown At Key Center Ohio