“Terrific Stay!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Los Angeles, California
“Terrific Stay!”
Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

Just spent 9 nights at the Marriott Key Center. After a long day of traveling, the valet (only $5 more) was a wonderful welcome as well as the front desk. From the lobby to the room, the property was much nicer than I had thought from the pics on TripAdvisor. Bed was comfy, view was awesome and staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. Definitely recommend visiting and staying for a pleasant trip.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
New Bern, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I arrived in Cleveland on our 43rd wedding anniversary. We were in Cleveland to go to the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame. We were upgraded to a lake view room which was absolutely breathtaking. Every person that we encountered was unbelievably friendly and kind. We took a lake cruise and when we got back into our hotel the staff had sent us chocolate covered strawberries and a bottle of champagne! I would highly recommend this hotel to anybody.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Maryann F
ClevelandMarriottKey, Executive Assistant at Cleveland Marriott Downtown at Key Center, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Cleveland Marriott at Key Center to celebrate your 43rd wedding anniversary! Congratulations and Happy Anniversary! I am happy to hear that the staff upgraded you to a lake view room and sent up a treat to celebrate. I will be sure to share your comments with the team to celebrate our success. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to having you back as our guest in the future.
toronto
Reviewed August 18, 2014

If you want to be close to all the action and get a good night sleep, this is the hotel to stay in! We stayed in room 1609 which is a corner room with a beautiful view of the city. Very comfortable king bed and pillows. Room was very clean. The front desk staff were very friendly and go out of their way to help you. We were there to see the Kate Perry Concert and they mapped out for us how to walk there. They also had suggestions for placed to have dinner and their recommendation for the Chop House was excellence.

We were central to everything. We took in an Indians' baseball game our second night and it was only a 10 minute walk to the hotel. The hotel is close to the lake, rock and roll hall of fame and the Science Centre, etc.

The only downfall to this hotel is the pool is very small and is only 3 feed deep. Really needs an upgrade for guest to enjoy.

We loved Cleveland and this hotel and will stay here again or sure. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: As for a corner room. Worth the upgrade
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Ratschfamily
brooklyn new york
Reviewed August 17, 2014

We just returned from Cleveland after spending eight nights at this property, as they were a host hotel for Gay Games nine. In eight nights, you pretty much get to see it all and can really judge a hotel's karma. I thought they did a super job and we never came into contact with a disgruntled employee or one with an attitude. The contrary was true, in that they made our stay extra special and went out of their way to please us. The staff really cares and you can tell. Kudos to Gabi and all the crew who were a cut above and treated us royally.
The hotel is well located, close to so many things to see and do and has lovely rooms.
A winner for sure.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank bernie052
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive comments about your recent stay. I will be sure to pass along your comments with Gabi and the rest of the team. It was such a joy to have Cleveland host the Gay Games, it was a big win for the city. I hope that you did well in the games. I appreciate your feedback and hope to have you back as our guest in the guest in the future.
Erie, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 17, 2014

Checked in late afternoon and we were given upgrade to a lovely suite. Great room, great view...or so we thought.
EARLY the next morning (6:30 am) we started to hear chairs scraping on the floor directly above us and it lasted until 9:30 am. Turns out, we were directly below the concierge lounge and as soon as breakfast began, we could hear the people moving above us. Wouldn't have been a problem if we were there for business and up early, but this was a pleasure trip so it didn't turn out that the upgrade was a good idea. Not sure anyone would like to stay in this particular suite. (room 1921)
The only other problem we had was that when we returned to our room a little after midnight, our keys didn't work. Made a trip down to the front desk only to find no one working there. Saw lots of other employees, but none behind the front desk. One even stopped and went behind the desk, calling out "Hello???" and no one came. I had to use the phone to call "at your service" to get someone to come and when she did, I didn't even get an apology. I don't think it was too much to ask that someone be working at the front desk of this hotel, even at midnight.
The hotel itself was in a great location and up to date. And the man in charge of the concierge lounge was exceptionally nice and friendly. That being said, these other issues clouded our stay.

Room Tip: Don't choose suite 1921. It's directly under the concierge lounge and you hear every movemen...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank lisa829
ClevelandMarriottKey, Executive Assistant at Cleveland Marriott Downtown at Key Center, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay. I express my deepest apologies to you regarding the noise, key and service issues you expressed concerns about. I can assure you guest experience is one of our top priorities. I am glad to hear that Pete was nice and friendly in the concierge lounge. Please email me at Kristen.mcclellan@marriott.com for further assistance. I appreciate your feedback and hope to have you back as our guest in the future.
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

In service and hospitality, the gold medal goes to the housekeeping staff for ensuring my room was clean and comfortable my entire trip.

In the culinary category, tied in first place is Duke's and David's, both serving up excellent food and service.

And in the "Extra Mile" category, the gold medal and MVP award goes to Cecilly at the front desk who, when recognizing that I missed the laundry drop off for shirts I needed to man out company booth at the festival, took it on herself to take my shirts, launder them in the hotel, and have them folded and on my bed by the time I got back that evening. Truly outstanding. Check out the note she left me as well. Cleveland rocks and so did the Marriott. Thank you.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Grimsby, Canada
Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

the marriott never really disappoints. Adam at the desk was great in getting me a lake view room. Smaller rooms than I used to for the marriott. Breakfast on the Saturday was a disaster. We say 15 minutes before we were even approached for coffee and the buffet food was cold. My husband waited 10 minutes by the omelet cook and she still did not acknowledge him. To the hotels credit the food and beverages manager did approach is after I spoke with out server and apologize. Sunday breakfast did go smoother. Overall a not bad experience chose it because of its rock and roll hall of fame package and it was priced well and satisfactory

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple