I stayed here for one night prior to going to a wedding in Mentor, Ohio. I checked in early in the afternoon and used the new "e-check in service" available on Iphones and other portable e-devices upon landing in Cleveland's Airport. After picking up the rental car and completing the short 30 minute (or so) drive to the hotel, the parking attendants greeted me warmly and the bell hops helped collect my bags. As soon as I approached the front desk, the attendants knew who I was immediately, greeted me by name, and had my key all ready for me for my room on the 20th (Concierge Level) floor. I was very happily surprised.
I was taken up to the 20th floor where my room was on a corner of the hotel. I had a very nice view of the historic downtown district and court house and on the other side, I had a wonderful view of the lake and the marina. The room was laid out very nicely with a work area, a large king sized bed, and a bathroom and large closet off to the one side. The in room amenities, the large screen television, and the items I requested (extra towels and pillows) were all placed in the room prior to my arrival.
That evening there were complimentary snacks prior to dinner in the Concierge Lounge. The lady who worked in the lounge in the evenings was a real HOOT!! (HOOT = a midwestern word for someone who is a real character; friendly; involved; nice; fun!). The service was great. It is also a free pour bar where they don't stand over you and make it seem like that you are stealing their precious liquor and it is a 'sign the card' honor system. That is a nice way to treat guests in the Concierge Lounge. After dinner hour, they have the complimentary desserts and the honor bar is still there.
In the mornings there is a nice array of breakfast foods including scrambled eggs or sausage and some oatmeal and other breakfast pastries and items that can more than make a good meal to start your day.
All in all a stay on the Concierge Floor is well worth it.
I did not particularly like the menu in the restaurant downstairs for lunch. It just did not seem to have a good variety of foods, but that might just be my particular tastes.
However, all in all this is a great Marriott to stay at. I wish I had brought my swimming trunks to try out the 4th floor indoor pool. But I didn't so I did not get a chance to check that out.
My only complaint was that there was a good degree of noise from room to room through the walls. It eventually died down but with the triangle arrangement of the corner rooms (3 rooms right next to each other on the corners) this may have made the noise of doors opening and closing worse.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience ultimate style and sophistication at the revitalized Cleveland Marriott Downtown, an urban retreat. Offering stunning views of Lake Erie and the city skyline, this 25-story hotel boasts 400 rooms with sleek furnishings and upgraded bathrooms fresh off a $10 million renovation. Explore exciting attractions within a short walk of this metropolitan hotel, such as the new Horseshoe Casino, Quicken Loans Arena, Browns Stadium, Progressive Field and Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. Take advantage of our renowned hotel staff for unmatched hospitality and deep local knowledge for an authentic Cleveland experience. For casual dining, relax among warm wood styling at Jake’s sports lounge or taste contemporary American cuisine at David’s Restaurant, conveniently situated within our hotel. Rediscover comfort at the refreshingly-modern Cleveland Marriott Downtown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia and Orbitz so you can book your Cleveland Marriott Downtown at Key Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Cleveland Downtown At Key Hotel Cleveland
- Key Center
- Cleveland Marriott Downtown At Key Center Ohio