“Anice confortable hotel”

Cleveland Marriott Downtown at Key Center
Ranked #12 of 38 Hotels in Cleveland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 28, 2013

The hotel is very comfortable with large clean rooms in the middle of the city. Service is mostly OK, though the team seems to be too busy with check in out (very many rooms to serve). Stayed for a conference and the service to the conference including the food and drink was very good.
Free internet.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,026)

Reviewed August 28, 2013

If you are planning on going to a Tribe game or the Casino this hotel is a great location. Both are within walking distance. The carpet in my room was suprisingly stained and dirty-looking, but the room was otherwise cleaned. I was charged for valet on my personal card that was supposed to be added to the corporate card but it was fixed very quickly.

1  Thank jcm4
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I booked a long weekend, arrival on Friday night late and departed Monday morning, and found the hotel was fully booked with two big weekend long weddings and a weekend long Indians home stand.

I booked a room with a city view on the 22nd floor. I was lucky in that this room truly had a city view, I heard that some city views might mean a view of a building across the street.

I enjoyed my stay expect for one or two exceptions. My mattress was mushy and my back will be aching for a while because of it. I mentioned it to a manager at the front desk she offered no options. On the third night I rotated the mattress myself and slept much more comfortably. The well worn section of the mattress was now at the foot of the bed. Why couldn't the hotel staff figure that out?

The second was that the hotel charged me for three days of internet although I only purchased two ($12.99 for 24 hours). I brought this to the of attention a woman at the front desk and it was subtracted. Later that morning when I went to check out I mentioned my stay was "Just okay" to another woman at the front desk and she removed the two day internet billing altogether.

Parking is also tricky there. Park on a Friday night (after 8pm I think) and it's $8 for 24 hours. Park through the hotel and it's $20 ( with unlimited entry and exits).

I have to say I have mixed reviews about the staff. The housekeeping and restaurant staff were super friendly. The staff at the front desk left me dazed because I was never sure if I was going to get Jekyll or Hyde.

PS There's a Westin being built down the block. Marriott will have to consider updating the hotel soon.

Room Tip: Any city view room the ends in "08" ie 2008 or 1808 will have a very good view. Getting a...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Just completed my first week of staying here at the Marriott Downtown. They had me at hello, no actually they had me at "welcome to marriott can I help you". I was provided an early check in room as I arrived at 10:30 am due to early flight. I was also provided with the concierge room under the companies account.
Mary at the front desk was just one of the most pleasant individuals and upon check out the gentleman who had the same birthday as me provided great news as he was able to book me in for future weeks here versus staying at the other Marriott location. I look forward to my check back in this Sunday and for the remaining of this year and possibly for half of next year.
Thanks Marriott

1  Thank Dave O
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Enjoyed staying at this hotel while participating in the conference (MSC 2013). Its downtown location makes it easy to go around and explore the quiet neighborhood. All staff were very friendly and ready to help. The room was clean and comfortable. Enjoyed using the free internet at the lobby and the conference. Conference halls were well equipped and tidy with elegantly served fresh food and beverages. Really enjoyed my stay at Cleveland!

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights on a bed and breakfast deal. $250 per night plus tax which I felt was expensive, the room we were given was tiny. The sink was actually part of the bedroom and toilet was tiny, with the smallest bath I have seen. The sound proofing on the door is non-existent, I am a light sleeper and struggled with the noise. I have commented on this in a previous Marriott, the interior designer should be SACKED, the carpets give me a headache they awful.
The valet were rude, although the buffet breakfast was excellent and staff very friendly. I would try to stay in the Ritz Carlton next time if the price difference wasn't too much.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
ClevelandMarriottKey, General Manager at Cleveland Marriott Downtown at Key Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay. I express my deepest apologies to you for the unpleasant experience you had with us. We do have a rooms refurbishment scheduled in 2014. I am glad to hear that the staff was very friendly and the breakfast was excellent. Once again please do accept my apologies and I do hope that the remainder of your trip to Cleveland was enjoyable.
Best Regards,
Bob M

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Very nice place to stay with nice, clean rooms and a good staff. You could not find a place that is more perfectly located for all of the sights in downtown Cleveland. We did not know what to expect on our first trip to the city and this hotel was perfect. The breakfast buffet downstairs is a great deal.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends