I booked a long weekend, arrival on Friday night late and departed Monday morning, and found the hotel was fully booked with two big weekend long weddings and a weekend long Indians home stand.
I booked a room with a city view on the 22nd floor. I was lucky in that this room truly had a city view, I heard that some city views might mean a view of a building across the street.
I enjoyed my stay expect for one or two exceptions. My mattress was mushy and my back will be aching for a while because of it. I mentioned it to a manager at the front desk she offered no options. On the third night I rotated the mattress myself and slept much more comfortably. The well worn section of the mattress was now at the foot of the bed. Why couldn't the hotel staff figure that out?
The second was that the hotel charged me for three days of internet although I only purchased two ($12.99 for 24 hours). I brought this to the of attention a woman at the front desk and it was subtracted. Later that morning when I went to check out I mentioned my stay was "Just okay" to another woman at the front desk and she removed the two day internet billing altogether.
Parking is also tricky there. Park on a Friday night (after 8pm I think) and it's $8 for 24 hours. Park through the hotel and it's $20 ( with unlimited entry and exits).
I have to say I have mixed reviews about the staff. The housekeeping and restaurant staff were super friendly. The staff at the front desk left me dazed because I was never sure if I was going to get Jekyll or Hyde.
PS There's a Westin being built down the block. Marriott will have to consider updating the hotel soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience ultimate style and sophistication at the revitalized Cleveland Marriott Downtown, an urban retreat. Offering stunning views of Lake Erie and the city skyline, this 25-story hotel boasts 400 rooms with sleek furnishings and upgraded bathrooms fresh off a $10 million renovation. Explore exciting attractions within a short walk of this metropolitan hotel, such as the new Horseshoe Casino, Quicken Loans Arena, Browns Stadium, Progressive Field and Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. Take advantage of our renowned hotel staff for unmatched hospitality and deep local knowledge for an authentic Cleveland experience. For casual dining, relax among warm wood styling at Jake’s sports lounge or taste contemporary American cuisine at David’s Restaurant, conveniently situated within our hotel. Rediscover comfort at the refreshingly-modern Cleveland Marriott Downtown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Cleveland Marriott Downtown at Key Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Cleveland Downtown At Key Hotel Cleveland
- Key Center
- Cleveland Marriott Downtown At Key Center Ohio