“Almost my 2nd home”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Bengaluru, India
“Almost my 2nd home”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I have been travelling for business to Cleveland and have been staying here, and I thought I owe a review to this hotel. Great, clean business hotel. Extremely friendly and helpful staff. The rooms are typical of any Marriott but they replaced the mattresses in all the rooms, so you are guaranteed of good sleep. The lobby is a nice one and full of life and you can spend hours there after work if you choose to. Having spent so many months there, I have not found a single opportunity to complain about anything. If not travelling for business, this could pretty much be an expensive option.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Soul_Searcher331

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We traveled to Cleveland for one night to see a Cleveland Indians game. Hotel was downtown and a short walk to the field. We are Marriott Platinum so we were upgraded to a huge suite that was beautiful, with a beautiful view of the water. We visited the concierge after the game and had some snacks and drinks. Overall it's a nice hotel with comfortable rooms.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
New Jersey
Reviewed September 18, 2012

As a highly rated hotel, I expected more. The staff IS very helpful and generally very positive, and the public areas are clean, comfortable and upscale. Rooms are clean and comfortable, with the upscale bedding that is to be expected at full service Marriotts. So far so good.

What I can't get past is the noise from slamming doors. My room was on the Concierge floor, and it is impossible to escape the sound of slamming doors between 6:00 AM and 10:30 PM. (Although open from 6:30 - 10:00, the set-up and clean-up staff allow the doors to slam as much as the guests.) I experienced the same issue when using the Fitness Center - doors slamming to an extent that it is distracting. Now, I get the fire code issues that require doors to be self-closing, but there MUST be a better way. My reward as a Platinum member shouldn't be incessant door slamming, and the other floors seem to be just as bad (though with less traffic).

(Note to frequent travelers - please be respectful of your fellow guests and EASE your guest room door closed. Would you allow doors to slam at home if your family was trying to sleep???).

The only meal that I had was breakfast. My "healthy option" order from the menu was over cooked (i.e. burned), and the accompanying fruit was a mix of unripe bananas and overly ripe strawberries. Lesson learned - stick with the buffet.

In all, I'd probably return to this properry, however I would stay away from the Concierge floor and I would ensure that I had earplugs or some white noise to help quiet things down.

Room Tip: Stay away from the 20th Floor
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank medicalalert
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Stayed at the Marriott Cleveland Key Center this past weekend for the Cleveland Classic. Stay was very enjoyable. Check-in was smooth and was upgraded to club floor with a nice view of Lake Erie and the Browns Stadium. Housekeeping was outstanding, breakfast buffet-$13- was excellent, and happy hour specials right on time. Hotel is in walking distance to the Horseshoe Casino- very nice casino and with an excellent buffet, clubs and restaurants.

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view room!!!!!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank EVE86_12
Reviewed September 13, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at your hotel. The rooms were very nice and clean and we enjoyed the dinner meal there but we were very, very disappointed in the Pool. First of all it appears that the pool is literally falling apart. It is not sealed at the edges and it bubbling up all over the edges and on the bottom. It was warm which was nice but I doubt it was really even 3 feet deep which it said it was because we felt like we were in kind of a baby pool. Then we went to the hot tub which was also falling apart and the water wasn't any warmer than the pool, so then we tried to use the Sauna and it was broken. For such an upscale hotel we seriously don't know what happened to the pool. I truly don't know if I have ever seen a pool in such disrepair ever in such a nice hotel. If you don't want to swim you should enjoy the hotel otherwise. I am glad I paid a "Friends and Family Rate" or I would have demanded a discount.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank boisepews
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We had a lovely corner room on the 18th floor. A beautiful view, watched the sunset on Lake Erie. Within walking distance to attractions and restaurants. Such friendly and helpful employees . Ans a tasty breakfast with good service! Highly recommended! Thanks for a memorable anniversary.

Room Tip: Pick a high floor towards the lake!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Hasbrouck Heights, New Jersey
Reviewed September 2, 2012

The Marriott Cleveland Downtown at Key Center is a great hotel. It's near the major landmarks in town including the sports stadiums and Rock n Roll Hall of Fame, and there is a very nice casino and a few bars/restaurants a short walk from the hotel. The lobby is beautiful and the staff is very friendly. My mom and I were given a single bed when we requested 2 beds and the staff quickly with no problem gave us a room with 2 beds. The beds were also very comfortable for a great night's sleep. The breakfast buffet was delicious but the dinner buffet my group was given upon arrival could've been a little better. It had excellent chicken, vegetables, and pasta and yummy cakes, but the pork and salmon was dry and overcooked. They also wanted $4 for a can of soda which is rediculous. The pool was nice but was only 3 feet all the way around and the sauna did not work. Gym had good equipment and it's so hot in the room you'll definitely sweat off a few extra pounds!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family