“Very nice hotel but restaurant staff and breakfast need improvement.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cleveland Airport Marriott

Cleveland Airport Marriott
Ranked #14 of 38 Hotels in Cleveland
Birmingham, Alabama
“Very nice hotel but restaurant staff and breakfast need improvement.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2011

My wife and I stayed here for several nights. We had read all of the very positive reviews and were expecting a flawless stay. We were disappointed. It is a very nice hotel with a large lobby which opens to the restaurant (Amp 150) on one side. There is a pool table, sofas and big screen TV's across from the restaurant/lounge. When we checked in we were told that our rate included room and one breakfast(a business rate for a lone traveler). The Front desk said the restaurant would have a list of all persons who were to get the breakfast at no additional charge. When we finished breakfast we expected to pay for one and get one free which was included in our room rate. The restaurant had no list of names and the cashier said " they will take care of it at the Front desk". The breakfast buffet was a real disappointment. We have had better selection and quality at two star hotels. Ordered breakfast one morning and had to send it back to get freshly scrambled eggs. We ate dinner one night and it was very good. When we checked out it took quite some time to get the breakfast charges removed from our bill. Other than the confusion over the breakfast bill and the poor quality of the breakfast we had a good stay at this hotel

• Stayed December 2010
    • 3 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Turkish first
Monterey, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2010

Glen, Preston, and Cheryl are the Kings and Queen of Customer Service. The entire staff should be the trainers for the Marriott. The staff from service to management was consummate professionals. Glenn picked me up from the Airport, who gave me information about sights I should see during my visit. The the service desk personnel had my key and room ready, and let me say after traveling an entire day from California no hassle check-in was greatly appreciated. After a brief rest, on to Dinner, where I met the charming Cheryl, who greeted me and made me feel welcome with her cheerful smile and warm personality. In addition, finally yet importantly, Preston, served me brunch on Saturday and all I can say each of these people should teach others how to treat guests, I thought I was in a five star restaurant. I want to make one last comment every staff member I encountered paid attention to detail.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank dsykes22
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2010

When in the Cleveland area I always book the Airport Marriott. I have always found consistently good service and good value from the smiling faces at the front desk to the service staff in the restaurant. The restaurant serves delicious dinners that I know will be excellent and now have friends come to the hotel to join me rather than meeting at someplace else. The rooms were always nice but since the renovations the rooms are quite luxurious and I enjoy spending time relaxing in my room. When my sister and I went to Cleveland we stayed at the hotel with her children and found them to be very accommodating and the children had fun in and out of the pool. Thanks Marriott, don't change anything at this hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank YarnWhisperer
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2010

This is a very friendly hotel. The Front Desk Staff was awesome and we had a good time at dinner with the Bartender. Just a easy, pleasant night for us to kick off our vacation. Thanks so much.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
San Clemente, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2010

Rooms are well appointed and clean . Staff are very helpfull and pleasant . Restauraunt has a creative menu , Lobby Bar is very inviting and Lively , Observed many locals eating at restaurant and visiting bar which says alot about a hotel restaurant and bar. Pool and spa is very spacious unlike many hotels . Very impressed with fitness room with up to date equipment , flat screen tv's and well maintained . Allthough you do have to call for shuttle when you arrive at cleveland airport , shuttle is very prompt and shuttle drivers are a pleasure . All and all I have nothing bad to say about this hotel specially considering the value in comparison to other options . They will get my business when in town . Thank you for great experience and will see you again .

1 Thank MEBSWEET
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2010

The only negative aspect of my trip was finding some crumbs in between the two bed upon my first night's arrival. I pointed it out to the cleaning service and the problem was fixed the next day. Overall, the rooms were nicely renovated and it was a great place to stay for the regular business traveler.

Bucks County, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2010

2 day business trip with meetings off-site. Shuttle from the airport was convenient. The hotel even provided shuttle service to meeting site and dinner locations. Very courteous staff. The restaurant was excellent with all ingredients from local sources. The quality of the food was far above what I have experienced in other airport hotels.