“A hotel that still know how to treat customers”

Cleveland Airport Marriott
Ranked #20 of 38 Hotels in Cleveland
Reviewed September 29, 2010

A first rate staff and a very good restaurant at this location. We always had a very clean room during our stay. Our room had comfortable beds and other nicely appointed furnishings (e.g. a large screen TV). I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone visiting Cleveland who will tour the Rock and Roll Museum (as we did) or other Cleveland attractions due to it convenient location. You certainly could not ask for a nicer staff when assisting their customers.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 29, 2010

Accomodations were brand new, room was really comfortable, and restaurant was far from your typical hotel eatery. Menu was unique and the food was terrific. All around my stay was terrific.

Reviewed September 27, 2010

Although I must applaud the staff (front desk, restaurant staff, etc) & the care they clearly take with the hotel I would say the tiny ways that Marriott is attempting to add to the money I spend at this hotel is bad corporate policy.

Don't think that you will get out of this hotel (unless you are one of their frequent flyers) without having to pay internet fees while there. You of course learn this when you get to the room. Although the website brags of the wireless throughout the hotel nowhere, that I could find online, does it say it is $9.95 a day. Then you learn your 24 hour internet is not 24 hours from the time you first pay - it's noon to noon. So if you check into your hotel at say 5pm... no 24 hour paid internet for you. You learn this when your connection shuts down & you inquire with the front desk.

Add to that --- despite paying for the use of their bandwidth, what during your three day stay amounts to a months home internet charges, the system kicks you off if you watch any streaming content from Hulu. I could understand in a free situation how every guest using Hulu, or the like, could cause connection issues but you've charged me $9.95 I should be able to download entire movies off Itunes if I want too. Instead I am calling customer internet care and having to explain my usage to a tech in India who lectures me on the use of streaming content which I wasn't told I couldn't do.

Marriott should really re-evaluate this obvious attempt to take money out of the pockets of it's guest. I don't care for airlines charging me bag fees but at least they tell you that the charges exist. They don't wait until you get to the plane and say fork over the cash. I don't care for hotels that say they care about making my stay comfortable tagging on fees that I have no choice to pay if I want to remain connected to my work and family while I am away or I can sit in the lobby and answer emails - then why give me a desk in my room.

Also don't put large signs in the lobby telling guests they can't eat things from outside the hotel. Again there is a certain 'buy from us' that I associate with movie theatre's not my hotel stay. Especially when some guests might have special dietary needs.

I am on the road about 200 days out of the year and this is my first experience like this where the information was so badly explained and the attempt seemed very blatantly against certain guests.

1  Thank MH74
Reviewed September 21, 2010

The staff and facilities of the Marriott Cleveland Airport were exemplary. The room was spotless; the dining experience pleasant and most impressive was the friendliness and helpfulness of every member of the staff.

Reviewed September 19, 2010

Very nice hotel for business; beautiful lobby and very friendly staff. The restaurant was excellent -- extremely fresh ingredients (with vegetables grown on site), innovative menu, lots of choices for this vegetarian, and an amazing selection of beers. I have never had such a good meal in a hotel restaurant. Free wi-fi in the public areas is nice, but it seems cheesy to charge for wi-fi in the guest rooms.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 19, 2010

While constantly traveling on business, I look for a consistent experience with a Hotel brand that shows me the same loyalty that I show as a repeat customer. This location has the critical elements that make me want to go back again and again. It's the total package.

Reviewed September 19, 2010

I chose the Cleveland Airport Marriott primarily because of its proximity to the airport. I wasn't expecting much more than your typical one-night hotel room, but this place surprised me. The room was immaculate, the hotel was quiet and the finishes and details in the room were of very high quality. Granite tops on the bedstands and in the bathroom, extra feather pillows at my request when booking online, a comfy chair to read in and a very nice little desk for business travelers. The desk was pretty impressive in that all of the connections you needed were mounted on the wall over the desk -- very easy to reach. They also had a connector so you could view your computer screen on the TV if you needed to. The bed was VERY comfortable and you can check out via the TV so if you're in a hurry you don't need to wait to check out. My only complaints are that the doors (as in every hotel) are very heavy and so they close loudly. Also, somehow you can hear everything going on in the hallway (I'm not sure how that's possibly with those heavy doors and the thick carpeting in the hall, but it's true -- two guys laughing it up in the hallway woke me up at 3 am). On our way out, I stopped at the lobby bar where they have a small starbucks coffee stand setup there in the mornings. The woman behind the counter was very nice and very helpful and as I left the building an employee standing in the lobby rushed to open the door for me since my hands were full. As a matter of fact, every employee we came into contact with was friendly and helpful. I would stay at this hotel anytime and highly recommend it!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple