“Great Staff”

Ranked #14 of 38 Hotels in Cleveland
dallas, tx
“Great Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2007

We had a corporate event here. The staff was without exception really great. Everyone you passed in the hall made it a point to say hello. Room was clean. We had lunch in the hotel for a group of 60 and it was the best "large group hotel food" I've ever had (and unfortunately I've had alot).
Would highly recommend. Suffice it to say that by taking the time to write this review I wanted to compliment this location.

• Stayed February 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank smithdallas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Turkish first
Cincinnati
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2006

We stayed at this hotel for two nights while we spent Thanksgiving with our daughter. The first night when we got in, we found a really clean room and they confirmed that they had left the extra pillows I had requested. We were exhausted from a long and hard drive , so we decided to just go downstairs to the restaurant. We honestly did not expect much at all. To our surprise, we had a very nice steak dinner . The waitstaff were knowledgeable, and helpful without being intrusive. I would eat there again. Great friendly service , clean room , comfortable bed. What's not to like?

• Liked — Since I have very high customer service standards, I was impressed by the service and care.
  • Disliked — the toilet made a noise every once in a while during the night
  • Tips/Secrets — the hall looks worn--don't worry. Nice pool.
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Gungadin
columbus, ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2006

This hotel looks alright from the outside but the inside is very nice. The check in area is very up to date and has a fresh new look. I took my kids to the pool area which was exceptionally clean and had lots of towels available. The fitness center looked nice and up to date and had a nice variety of machines to use. All of the staff was great and the rooms were cleaned well daily, I had no complaints. i would definietly stay here again.

• Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank focusedonstyle
Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2006

I booked a room at the Cleveland Airport Marriott through Priceline, and for $54, I was absolutely blown away! I would gladly have paid twice that much.

The building is older, but the rooms have been completely renovated, with soft, pillowy mattresses, high thread count sheets, luxurious feather pillows, and fluffy duvets. The bathroom has been updated, with marble vanities, new shower curtains, upscale toiletries, and extra large towels.

A word of caution, the hotel is actually not very near the airport...it's at least 5-6 miles away, if not more. We had a very easy time getting there from the rental car area, and the hotel is directly off the interstate.

3 Thank mmoore1851
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2006

We stayed over the Memorial Day weekend on one of the high floors at the tower.

Pros:
Nice and helpful concierge.

Not much road noise, as our room faces away from I-71.

Decent size pool.

Good façade (lobby, elevator, bathroom counter top etc.) And you can tell this is where mgmt view as their priority. The night we checked in, one of the elevators was taken down for service, so they can re-finish the stone floor. However, the elevator is so old that they had to use wedges to prop the door open. Little do we that this is just a taste for things to come.

Cons:
Broken heating, A/C unit: Memorial Day weekend in Cleveland is pretty warm day and night. But either because we were located in one of the high floors or facilities were managed by polar bears, the rooms were unseasonably cold. The hallway, which is quite a bit warmer than our room, reads 64F. Ok, time to turn on the room heating unit. Big mistake, although the units have 5 settings, fan, low heat, high heat, low cool, high cool, the settings have no effect on the actual function of the unit. The thermostat is probably also faulty, so whether I have selected low or high heat, and doesn’t matter where I leave the temperature knob, heating cycle will kick in first, and stop at something like 80F, then the cooling cycle will kick in, bring it down to something like 60F. Baffled, I tried low heat, high heat, low cool (just in case the labels/wires were crossed) and tried an entire range of temperature settings. Same behavior, the only difference was that a lower temperature setting will stop the heating cycle at a lower temperature, maybe from 80 to 75F. By the way, need I mention that the fan and A/C sound louder than a 747 taking off?

Inadequate service/supply: Ok, time to call the front desk for an extra comforter or blanket, so the kids won't have to suffer the heat/cold cycle. Surprise! I was told that they were fully booked, and don’t have any extra comforter or blanket. To their credit housekeeping did manage to bring up a few extra sheets.

Lack of soundproof: Doors have no sound proof quality. We can hear kids playing in the hallway, doors being slammed, and even noises in the next room through the connecting door.

Shower didn’t have a ceiling exhaust fan.

• Stayed May 2006
8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Youngstown, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2006

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel, only because we went through Priceline and got a really good rate. If I had payed the regular rate, I would be upset. The rooms were not what I would expect from a Marriott. The beds were comfortable, but the pillows were awful. The bathroom was small, and not very clean. And like other reviews stated, the room was damp.
Access to the airport was great, which was the main reason we stayed in the area we did. The front desk staff was extremely friendly and attended to all our needs in a very efficient manner.
I wouldn't mind staying here again if that's where Priceline sends me, but I would not book directly.

• Stayed May 2006, traveled on business
8 Thank ravens1
York, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2006

From the outside this looks like a cookie cutter older Marriott hotel. Inside the lobby is elegant and the rooms are also. We were put up in the Concierge level on the 4th floor of the shorter building and it was very nice, tiny elevator though. Had a very reasonable rate of $89 from Marriott's web site. The bedding is extremely comfortable. We didn't eat at the restaurant this visit but in past visits it was very good for breakfast and dinner. There was some trouble finding delivered packages, they come in the back of the hotel and the front desk isn't sure what has come in, but after 20 minutes my packages were delivered. Parking is tight and they have a parking attendant to get past as you pull in. There is also a Denny's restaurant next door for late night or reasonable dining. Inner courtyard between buildings has simple elegant feel. The pool looks nice also. Nice hotel 10 minutes from Airport.

11 Thank stevendale