“Older building, well maintained and good service”

Cleveland Airport Marriott
Ranked #20 of 38 Hotels in Cleveland
Reviewed July 30, 2014

I stayed here two times on a recent trip into Cleveland. On my first arrival I was not so sure based on the older neighborhood and the outer appearance of the hotel. It seemed a little tired. But the lobby was well appointed and newer looking. The front desk staff were friendly and efficient.
My room was clean, had a comfortable bed and good internet, and was reasonably quiet despite its location next to I-71.
I had access to the exec lounge. The staff was super. The food selection was simple but very good. There seemed to be a good camaraderie among many returning guests and the staff. This is always nice to see in terms of making you feel more comfortable in your new surroundings.
I did use the bar area in the lobby for a glass of wine and light meal. The grilled salmon on salad was excellent. Salomon was nicely grilled and moist throughout. Good selections of wines by the glass.
Based on my good experiences, I decide to stay again 8 days later. I was again impressed enough to decide I would come back here on my next stay in Cleveland. This is an updated older hotel which seems to be well managed.
One disappointment is the overnight parking charge. There is way more than enough parking and this charge should be minimalized or eliminated. But this will not stop me from coming back again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room which does not face the interstate.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank rtwrtwrtw

Reviewed July 28, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay here. My boyfriend and I just came to go to the zoo and some other random events in the city for a weekend and found the room nice and cozy. Everything worked as expected minus a minor glitch with one of the outlets, but the other outlet sufficed. The front desk attendant was very accomodating and kind in her demeaner. When we asked for a couple drinks at the bar in the lobby to bring up to the room, the bartender helped us select a drink. He also let us taste a new mixed drink and was fun to chat with. If you're taking a shower try to keep the door propped open as it gets really humid and we couldn't find a fan anywhere and the water temperature settings didn't do much when I turned the knob. There were two occasions that Housekeeping knocked on our door which was only a small inconvenience. One time was when a housekeeper was checking to see if her key card worked and the other was when a housekeeper knocked on our door to check out at 1:00 when we had asked and confirmed to check out at 1:30. We didn't get a chance to eat the food or enjoy much of the rest of the hotel but other than the few smfrom what we did experience we had a pleasant time.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank remrem52
Reviewed July 22, 2014

I recently stayed in this hotel for a quick getaway weekend. Overall, the best feature of this hotel is the number of amenities that are offered. We enjoyed both a dinner and breakfast in the restaurants. We found the food to be of extremely high quality, and the dinner especially, rivaled any of the other dinners that we have had at high profile restaurants that we have visited over the recent years in the Cleveland area. We were able to enjoy a craft cocktail and a fine glass of wine while enjoying our dinner. This hotel also offers a fitness area with a nice selection of equipment and a large and clean indoor lap pool that was pleasantly warm. The rooms were very clean, and the in room refrigerator was greatly appreciated. The only downfall to this hotel was that the pillows were not very comfortable, which is very unlike a Marriott hotel. Despite this, I would not hesitate to stay in this hotel again and would willingly encourage others to do so as well. Especially if you prefer a hotel with plenty of entertainment options located on site.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Elynn2014
Reviewed July 20, 2014

I stayed for a business meeting for two nights. I came in on a delayed flight getting in at 1 a.m., the shuttle was closed but the hotel told me to wait for a cab with 20 other people. No cab would take the short fare and by 2 am, called the hotel frustrated and they had a car pick me up, that should have been handled by the first call I made to them. When I arrived and got to my room, all I wanted was to sleep, but upon pulling back the sheets, I found long black hair on the sheets. Thankfully, there were two beds and the other was fine. I didn't want to argue at 3 am. The room was fine and the sheets were replaced the next day. However, I was plagued by long black hair in the bathroom, especially in the shower. Consistent cleaning standards would have made this a more pleasant stay. I would have resolved these issues at check out but was never asked as to the quality of my stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank ExitNebraska
Greg H, General Manager at Cleveland Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and please accept my apologies for the difficulties that you experienced. I appreciate the feedback and will follow up with the staff regarding the items you brought to our attention. We would like to regain your trust and hope you will allow us an opportunity to provide you with an exceptional guest experience when your travels bring you back to the area.

Reviewed July 17, 2014

We stayed July 12th for one night. We have stayed at this hotel around six other times.Once again I found the front desk staff friendly. Check in was fast we had checked in online on our way back from cedar point amusement park so I only needed to run in and grab the keys.I was surprised you now have to pay for parking. Our room was very clean.There is a gas station across the street to grab snacks and drinks.There are a few restaurants and a vey nice mini golf course in the area for the kids.I love the courtyard to sit in at night with the fire pits.The pool was warm and clean. A perk was children are not permitted in the pool after 10pm. That was nice since there was a baseball tournament staying at the hotel and it was filled with children.We went to an Indians game the next day it only took ten minutes to get downtown. We will use this hotel again next time we are in the Cleveland area.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Rlcassano
Reviewed July 11, 2014

Spent a couple of nights here recently. Hotel was Fine. No surprises here. Rooms were clean and quite functional. Although we were on a high floor, we were still able to hear the street noise from the Interstate below. They have just instituted a charge for parking which seems like a gotcha as there is plenty of parking in the area. Nice concierge lounge.

Room Tip: Avoid the tower adjacent to the Interstate.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 10, 2014

The staff was extremely friendly- especially Bruce in the Concierge lounge! Bruce took great care of me and my family and personally took our stay to the next level. We will always stay at this Marriott when we visit Cleveland!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family