“One Night -- Nice Stay”

Cleveland Airport Marriott
Ranked #19 of 38 Hotels in Cleveland
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Stayed for only one night to go to an Indians game and then fly out the next day. Hotel is huge for the area. The super friendly staff directed us to the A door to get close to our room. Everything was very easy. Booked through Tingo and check-in and check-out was a breeze. No complaints, except the housekeeping staff was knocking on our door at 9:30am -- we were up, but we were also checking out that day, so why didn't they just wait until we left? Don't they have a list of people checking out?

Hotel was convenient to both the airport and Progressive Field. Perfect for our stay!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank twopeasonepod808

Reviewed August 25, 2013

We stayed here for a hockey weekend, and the place is great. Some may be turned off by the strict rules, but this is what makes the place excellent.

The rooms was very clean and quiet.

My only complaint is that they choose to charge for Internet access in the rooms; this should be included in the room rate.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Let's start with the good: friendly staff (always initiating nice greetings and asking how they can be helpful), convenient, clean and reasonable. Now the not so good: restaurant (when does grilled baguette or grilled vegetables mean burnt baguette and vegetables???), the stubborn wait staff insisted these items were supposed to be served burnt (toasted brown maybe?, but I wonder if they were really meant to taste like black charcoal...lol, only in Cleveland I guess....); the room faced a noisy highway (didn't help there was a major accident one night with emergency stuff going on..) and generally loud noises from other rooms and the hallway, which didn't make for a good sleep. I would try again, as the restaurant has "non-grilled" menu items and the noise issues may have just been unfortunate timing. Everything else worked pretty well....

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does NOT face the highway...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 20, 2013

This older Marriott exterior was clean and well maintained - I expected an average Marriott stay. First impressions can be wrong - I expected a good experience but I was delighted with a GREAT ONE! Everything about the service was outstanding. The staff was awesome, the room was awesome and the food was phenomenal! I had dinner at the hotel restaurant AMP. I must say that I was a bit leery when I ordered the sirloin, but WOW you won me over!

Well done guys!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 19, 2013

This is a nice place for the business traveler. The lounge is nice and the staff is very friendly. I have stayed here a handful of times and have had just one average experience. Some of the rooms are not updated and not very nice. Location is not very good for things to do outside of the hotel. The on site restaurant is quite pricey, so I wouldn't recommend dining there. Overall, this is a solid Marriott.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We stayed here when we had a very early morning flight. I agree with others who say the hotel doesn't look like much from the outside and the neighborhood doesn't seem to be the greatest. However, inside it was Marriott standards and we found the staff to be wonderful & very knowledgeable, the recently-renovated rooms were as pictured and we were able to keep our car at the hotel during our week trip. AMP 150, the hotel's restaurant was excellent (see separate review).

I made my reservation via park sleep fly dot com and paid $119 (including taxes) for the room w/parking. At the hotel's website the same package started at $189. Great deal! Our room was quite and had everything we needed (except a coffee maker).

The hotel has free airport shuttle which runs every 20 minutes and after 10pm at night you call and they will come pick you up. This worked out perfectly for us - the hotel is only a 6-7 minute drive to the airport.Flight crews overnight at this hotel, so that tells you something.

We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DHK017
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I have stayed at this property twice in the past three months. The rooms have been recently renovated and are up to Marriott standards. The best part of this hotel though, in my opinion, is the restaurant! Both times I have eaten here I have been happily surprised with the cuisine - a bit of Southern cooking in Cleveland. The place may not look like much from the outside but once you enter the door you don't even feel like you are in Cleveland anymore. I will continue to stay at this property when in town.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business