Clean room, I do appreciate an updated room like this one. I also can appreciate a clean room and a presentABLE lobby and hallways. The thing that ended up being a thorn in the side of this trip was the fact that we picked this hotel mainly for the pool and hot tub for my mother in law. We got to the room late and were only staying for one night. There was still time to swim and unwind from a drive on the road. We get to the room and change into our suits. We rush down to the pool to find a couple kids splashing around unattended. Sure, this probably happens all the time. To each their own but the problem we had was what we saw floating in the pool at first we thought it was a large bug, perhaps a child's toy? NO! it wasn't at all in fact it had started to disintegrate and fall all over the area below it on the bottom of the pool. Before jumping in we decided to take the giant blue wand and began to scoop the unknown substance out of the pool....sure enough it was human feces... A giant turd in the pool and a ton of it in the bottom of the pool. Being in the health care field I know how dangerous this really could be. I immediately report the problem to the front desk. I told them we were very disappointed as the pool was why we picked the place and they said that they would give us a 20 dollar credit to their restaurant for breakfast in the a.m.. We had to leave @ 630 am when breakfast wasn't available to us so we asked if we could get room service and have a dessert instead the night before and they said our credit wasn't big enough so that we had to share a dessert. I understand that they had to evacuate and drain the pool and close it down for the night but the front desk clerk seemed the least bit surprised by the incident, didn't really care if we ever came back and I truly feel like they just TOLD us they were going to drain the pool because before we left in the morning we checked and the sign that said pool closed was gone and there was no draining going on... I don't know just disappointed as a whole experience and will not go back. I just feel I could have been compensated a bit better especially being a new Marriott Rewards member. Just didn't really put a good image in my head for future Marriott stays...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Explore a recently-renovated hotel at Cleveland Airport, which boasts a convenient location, free airport shuttle, and premier accommodations, making it ideal for business or leisure. Featuring over 350 modern guest rooms and suites with flat screen TVs, spacious bathrooms and innovative Plug-in Panels perfect for an invigorating night of rest and relaxation. Socialize with colleagues in the impressive hotel lobby or enjoy the award winning AMP 150, boasting locally grown cuisine in an eclectic environment. Plan spectacular events in 15,500 sq feet of flexible space and host productive functions in one of 24 dynamic meeting rooms. Just a short drive away from downtown Cleveland, visitors can enjoy exciting area attractions, including the IX Center, Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, sports venues and much more. Book your next trip to the Cleveland Airport Marriott, a contemporary hotel near the Cleveland Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Cleveland Airport Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Cleveland Airport Hotel Cleveland
- Cleveland Marriott
- Cleveland Airport Marriott Ohio