“What you expect from marriott.”

Cleveland Airport Marriott
Ranked #19 of 38 Hotels in Cleveland
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Room was fine, bed was fine, bathroom was fine. Only problem was that they never brought our foam pillows or extra cot. We checked in at 11 pm and all crashed pretty quickly, including one on the floor. We did tell the front desk in the morning and they comped all five of a breakfast. Really nice staff.

• Stayed: June 2013

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Average is the correct term to describe this hotel. Some good things, some bad things, but nothing great or terrible.

Good:
- Friendly and quick service
- Rooms are clean

Bad:
- No free wi-fi in the rooms
- Rooms are small (bathroom very small)
- Hotel is not a good value

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 28, 2013

How We Ended Up Here: We couldn't get a room on a Saturday night in downtown Cleveland. We checked every hotel except the Ritz Carlton. Only Marriott at the Key Center had a room for $349. NOT! So we ended up here. We were fortunate to get a great seniors' rate.

The Room: Our room in the courtyard building was stunningly beautiful, very warm and inviting, beautifully decorated with quality furniture. However the bathroom was quite small. A safe and refrigerator are hidden in a cabinet. In-room internet costs $10 from noon to noon. There is free internet access in the lobby where there's a counter to accommodate about four laptops.

The Noise Factor: During the week the hotel caters to business travelers. The demographic changes on the weekend. During the night I had many sleep disruptions. There were boys attending a baseball tournament creating hallway noise. Later I was awakened by a group of apparently drunken women. There were a couple of other instances of noisy adults returning to their rooms after a night on town. I've noticed during several Marriott stays in different cities that they have wooden flooring in the foyer area of the room instead of carpet. While this looks quite beautiful, I think it may exacerbate the noise situation.

Mobility factors. (1) If your driving, the hotel is just off of I-71. If coming from the north on I-71 be very careful driving through the very tiny city of Linndale that is surrounded by Cleveland. DO NOT speed. The town derives a significant portion of its revenue from speeders. Stay exactly at the speed limit. Also, while the hotel is proximate to the airport, it is not adjacent. (2) The hotel has an extensive fleet of vans. They will take you to the airport or the RTA rapid transit station. (3) The RTA rapid transit station is at W. 150th St and Puritas. It's a ten-minute walk or you can take the hotel shuttle. However, for the time being, the trip downtown isn't too rapid. Because of track construction you have to take a train, then a bus, then another train. Uncertain as to how long this deviation will remain in effect.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The hotel is maybe a ten-minute drive from the airport, not far but not exactly adjacent. The neighborhood is a bit run-down, but the hotel is not. it is very convenient to I-71.

The lobby and grounds are updated and very pleasant. There's a large atrium with furniture and firepits and plenty of social space. Front desk and restaurant staff is consistently friendly, accommodating and helpful. I received a welcome gift as a Silver elite, which is unusual.

The restaurant is surprisingly upscale, with things like bison and rabbit on the menu. We found the food both excellent and reasonably priced.

Unfortunately, the rooms don't match the rest of the hotel. Wifi will cost you $9.95 per day (it's free in the lobby, but we found it far too slow for downloading large media files.) Rooms are average size, with a good workspace and large flat-screen TV. The coffee maker is hidden in a cabinet, as is a small fridge.

The bathroom is cramped and poorly planned; a small cabinet that holds towels is wedged in next to the toilet, and the corner may jab you in the hip when you sit down! My shower drained very, very slowly. You do get the very pleasant Marriott toiletries, including shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and soap.

There is a business center, but printing a boarding pass required significant intervention from the front desk. As of this writing, the printer only accommodates black and white printing.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 7, 2013

After reading other reviews to get my words straight I would agree with the majority of the good reviews. Ya maybe it could be updated but I'm sure not everybodies house has the newest fixtures in them also. The rooms were clean the beds were comfortable the Tv was nice the wifi was fast. The neighborhood a little iffy but we can't control that either.The shear conveinence to airport an the I X center is priceless.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Before leaving for a week in Palm Desert, California my husband and I stayed at the Marriott Cleveland Aiport for two days. It was a wonderful way to start our triip. We always stay at this Marriott prior to trips. We love the hotel, the restaurant and the staff. We are treated royally.
Looking forward to another stay in the fall.
Dianne Dietrich

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 2, 2013

The outside of the hotel made me want to turn around and find another place to stay. It was a little scary driving through the neighborhood where this facility is located. The hotel is huge! Parking is at a premium. They have a whole row of spots in the front of the hotel reserved for their restaurant guests. (I parked there anyhow) The rooms are spacious and updated however our room when I forst checked in there was still hair in my sink. I asked for housekeeping to clean it and they quickly did. Later that evening when I put the toilet seat down, there were more hairs behind the toilet seat. I found that to be extremely gross and I don't think that I will return to this hotel because of it!!!! Later that evening my son wanted to go to the pool. While we were there, the light INSIDE the swimming pool fell out of the wall and was dangling at the bottom of the pool. I told maintenance and they quickly got everybody out of the water (hard to believe the people in the water had to be told to get out).
On the good side, the staff was very professional and courteous. The hotel is very accomadating for a large group.

Room Tip: close to the lobby