“Decent Place but Needs Some Changes”

Cleveland Airport Marriott
Ranked #19 of 38 Hotels in Cleveland
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Decent Place but Needs Some Changes”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

The outside of the hotel made me want to turn around and find another place to stay. It was a little scary driving through the neighborhood where this facility is located. The hotel is huge! Parking is at a premium. They have a whole row of spots in the front of the hotel reserved for their restaurant guests. (I parked there anyhow) The rooms are spacious and updated however our room when I forst checked in there was still hair in my sink. I asked for housekeeping to clean it and they quickly did. Later that evening when I put the toilet seat down, there were more hairs behind the toilet seat. I found that to be extremely gross and I don't think that I will return to this hotel because of it!!!! Later that evening my son wanted to go to the pool. While we were there, the light INSIDE the swimming pool fell out of the wall and was dangling at the bottom of the pool. I told maintenance and they quickly got everybody out of the water (hard to believe the people in the water had to be told to get out).
On the good side, the staff was very professional and courteous. The hotel is very accomadating for a large group.

Room Tip: close to the lobby
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Turkish first
Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

We booked the Marriott online through Park, Sleep Fly.com after reading reviews on Trip Advisor. We drove from Pittsburgh area to spend the night in Cleveland since our international flight to Cancun departed early morning the next day.

The convenience of a park and fly was met with a beautifully decorated and trendy hotel. Our check in was flawless. Our room was in building A so we were able to park our car to unload the luggage super close to the buildings entrance doors.

Our room was well furnished and equipped with every modern convenience needed. The bed was comfy and plush.

The following morning, after our 5am wake up call, my husband conveniently checked out via the TV system leaving the room keys behind to make our way to meet the shuttle.

As soon as we made it to the lobby, the shuttle driver was promptly at our disposal and quickly loaded our luggage in to his van.

The short trip to the airport was convenient and stress-free.

I would highly recommend this superior hotel.

1 Thank Islagal
Seminole, Florida
Reviewed April 26, 2013

We recently stayed here and needed to change to an ADA room when I called they were quick to change that for me and even make sure there were 2 beds. A pleasure to deal with very please the room was great too.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Traveled from out of state and alled to make reservations two weeks in advance. Was not warned about a "$50 incidental charge". My husband paid with his card and they charged my card too! We got charged in total $300. Good job at earning this negative review!!

5 Thank FortKnoxKYsoldier
New York City
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I just spent 5 nights at this property for work and this property is very well maintained.

The staff is very helpful and everything from food to room service was perfect, would love to stay here again........

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
French Riviera
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I just spent 6 days over Easter with my family. I was not too sure what to expect as I have stopped traveling for business long ago but have kept very positive memories about Marriott. I was looking for a good reasonably priced hotel west of Cleveland and couldn't have found better. Based on the TA reviews (to which I contribute and in return always refer to) it seemed like this hotel corresponded to what I was looking for but was somewhat put off by the 3 1/2 * TA rating. I do a fair amount of traveling for pleasure and would argue that this Marriott is without doubt a 4 star hotel.
A very typical Marriott as I have learned to appreciate with a large hall, a courteous reception staff, large bright hallways, good size rooms, and of course for those that need it an airport shuttle. The indoor pool is lovely although we never saw anyone use it and the indoor court yard still closed up very traditional in its decoration.
I was a little less enthousiaistic about the restaurant where the bar seems to spill over into the restaurant where the decoration is not very intimate. The food choice and cooking was fine although I still have a thing about frying french fries with the patato skin ! Service was mixed ranging from very friendly (despite or because of our 2 year old grand-daughter) to somewhat grouchy service during breakfast.
Nevertheless Marriott has the week-end breaks at $99/night + taxes which makes it an unresistable proposition for a hotel of this category.
We found the airport location ideal as we picked up a rental car and yes we are 15 ' away from everthing (including 2 malls) but also away from traffic jams !
PS. A special thanks to the Easter Bunny who put on a great show and had my grand daughter jumping up and down with excitement

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank jr_hummel
Lake in the Hills, Illinois
Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights this past weekend with my 5 year old son. Came into town to see the baseball game. The hotel was very clean and the room was perfect for us. Hotel staff was very friendly and even took us in the shuttle to the RTA station and to a nearby resturant. The only negative about the stay was the pool. The chlorine smell was so strong it burnt your eyes just being near the pool let alone in it! There were also no towels in the pool area.

1 Thank shaun5