“If I could eat their Croque Monsieur everyday, I would!”
Review of le Petit triangle

le Petit triangle
Ranked #46 of 1,866 Restaurants in Cleveland
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 11, 2013

LOVE IT! This place is adorable. It looks and feels exactly like the kind of little place you would find in Paris. The Croque Monsieur is amazing, just simple comfort food, but done so perfectly, that you will be craving it. This is all I wanted to eat while I was pregnant! The cheese plate is a nice snack to share with someone, and of course you can't NOT get dessert! The crepes are fantastic! The only thing I WOULDN'T get again, is the French Onion soup, just for personal preference, it had an overly sweet taste to it, I wasn't expecting it and didn't really care for it, but everything else makes up for it.

1  Thank Mary-Frances P

Reviewed June 21, 2013

We were so looking forward to our lunch date and both ordered the quiche. It sounded so wonderful with tomatoes, swiss chard and gruyere cheese. The only thing that saved lunch was the most delicious salad and side of raisin walnut bread.

The quiche was dry and crust was not edible. I should have sent it back, but, I didn't want to fuss as I was there with a friend enjoying a trip to the market and lunch after. I don't want to write it off my list, and not return. I will try again with a different selection, but, hard to imagine going to a french place and have bad quiche.

It was a cute place and busy at lunch, and able to sit outside, dishes going past, seemed to look yummy. Off quiche day? I don't know what happened, but, quiche wasn't the selection of the day.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Originally went to the area to eat at Momocho but they were not open for lunch. We walked down the street and stumbled upon le Petit Triangle and were we ever happy!

Very friendly staff, great service and delicious food. I would highly recommend making a reservation though, they are definitely petit! If it had been a bit warmer we would have eaten on the patio, they are across the street from a park.

We asked our server for walking directions and she wrote them out for us and suggested the most pleasant/scenic route!

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Small, intimate, I think maybe 12 tables total spread about the restaurant. Most of them only seat 2, I think there are one or two options where 3 or 4 could sit.

Formerly oo la la creperie, the current staff is genuinely friendly. You get to know them if you eat here more than once.

I have had the chocolate crepes, Salad Nicoise, an omelet, and more.

Everything is fresh and good. Plenty of fresh ice water. You can watch everything being made.

I don't like powdered sugar on my crepes but I'm sure they would have left that off had I asked.

Soups are good as well.

I have eaten here maybe half a dozen times. You can't go wrong. In the section of Ohio City that is near Johnny Mango's and Momocho. This is popular for those going to dinner before a Near West Theater performance. (note to readers: Near West is building a new theater, so after about 2015 that won't hold true, but very convenient for Near West audience members at present while they continue to perform in St. Patrick's on Bridge)

I wouldn't call this a family type restaurant unless you only have one or two children and they're well traveled. The atmosphere is cultures, quiet, adult, and isn't for everyone. But if your children are educated enough to step outside of chain restaurants, they're gonna love this.

A few tables on the sidewalk, weather permitting.

1  Thank Explorehappily
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Small and intimate atmosphere with a french twist. The staff is very friendly and attentive, the food is out of this world! Lots of choices and variaties from eggs to crepes (sweet or savory). The patio is amazing in the summer and it is within walking distance of other restaurants/bars. A recommendation for an intimate date night or a girls night.