“Good German Food” 4 of 5 stars

Das Schnitzel Haus
Ranked #32 of 1,800 Restaurants in Cleveland
Cuisines: German, Austrian, European, Central European
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Good German Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Met 7 friends there for dinner. We had veal schnitzel, pork schnitzel, goulash and a schnitzel sandwich. Everyone enjoyed their dinner. Service was very good. We had spatzels and I was sorry I didn't try the red cabbage which would have added a nice touch to the veal schnitzel.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Schnitzle”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

A real treat. Schnitzel the way it should be, at a price you can afford. Will be back, and tell all my friends.

1 Thank Edward M
“VUNDERBAR!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I have eaten here a few times before and this place has always delivered really good German food. I was in the area again, so stopped in for lunch and had yet anotehr great meal. The Lunch Schnitzel Natur plate comes with your choice of breaded or not breaded pork cutlet, choice of potato or spaetzle, gravy, bread & butter, and your choice of soup or salad. There is more than enough food and at $8.95 you can't beat it. Nice place in old Parma neighborhood. Forgot to ask them if they still had their Friday Lunch buffet. Do yourself a favor - call and ask if they do, then go get some!!!

Pennsylvania
“Delicious German Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

The food here is delicious. If you like brats and schnitzel then definitely give this restaurant a try. Portions are big, service is friendly and prompt. The restaurant itself is a little dated, but we would eat here again if ever in the cleveland area.

• Visited August 2013
“Great German Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

My boyfriend and I drive past this restaurant all the time and we have always wondered about it.
When we got into the restaurant we were seated right away. The waiting staff was great and very attentive. My only complaint was that the inside of the restaurant was a little dark. However, had it been a nicer day I'm sure we would have been on their expansive deck.
Anyways, we ordered potato pierogies as an appetizer. They were great; a little crispy on the outside and very soft on the inside served with onions on top.
My boyfriend ordered the deutche platte which is a "tour of Germany" of sorts. My boyfriend is German and he said the food tasted just like how his mother makes it.
I ordered the schweine schnitzel with a side salad and vegetable soup. The schnitzel was a standard breaded piece of pork. It was very flavorful. However, the vegetable soup was really something to write home about. I absolutely love vegetable soup and this one was the best that I've had. I really recommend this place. It has unique German dishes if you want to be adventurous but they also offer some regular American cuisine too. This restaurant is definitely worth a try!

• Visited May 2013