“Great Schnitzle”

Cuisines: European, German
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed September 18, 2013

A real treat. Schnitzel the way it should be, at a price you can afford. Will be back, and tell all my friends.

1  Thank Edward M
There are newer reviews for Das Schnitzel Haus

Reviewed September 9, 2013

I have eaten here a few times before and this place has always delivered really good German food. I was in the area again, so stopped in for lunch and had yet anotehr great meal. The Lunch Schnitzel Natur plate comes with your choice of breaded or not breaded pork cutlet, choice of potato or spaetzle, gravy, bread & butter, and your choice of soup or salad. There is more than enough food and at $8.95 you can't beat it. Nice place in old Parma neighborhood. Forgot to ask them if they still had their Friday Lunch buffet. Do yourself a favor - call and ask if they do, then go get some!!!

1  Thank Solo2112
Reviewed August 6, 2013

The food here is delicious. If you like brats and schnitzel then definitely give this restaurant a try. Portions are big, service is friendly and prompt. The restaurant itself is a little dated, but we would eat here again if ever in the cleveland area.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

My boyfriend and I drive past this restaurant all the time and we have always wondered about it.
When we got into the restaurant we were seated right away. The waiting staff was great and very attentive. My only complaint was that the inside of the restaurant was a little dark. However, had it been a nicer day I'm sure we would have been on their expansive deck.
Anyways, we ordered potato pierogies as an appetizer. They were great; a little crispy on the outside and very soft on the inside served with onions on top.
My boyfriend ordered the deutche platte which is a "tour of Germany" of sorts. My boyfriend is German and he said the food tasted just like how his mother makes it.
I ordered the schweine schnitzel with a side salad and vegetable soup. The schnitzel was a standard breaded piece of pork. It was very flavorful. However, the vegetable soup was really something to write home about. I absolutely love vegetable soup and this one was the best that I've had. I really recommend this place. It has unique German dishes if you want to be adventurous but they also offer some regular American cuisine too. This restaurant is definitely worth a try!

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Great selection of schnitzels as well as other German specialties fill the menu in a very reasonably priced German restaurant in the suburbs of Cleveland. In addition to delighful schnitzel our group enjoyed the Baked Walleye and such side dishes as cabbage and noodles, home fries, spatzel, red cabbage, and German potato salad. Wonderful Warsteiner beer on tap. Worth the trip!!

1  Thank Historiana