“Great find!”

Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Rockland, Maine, United States
“Great find!”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

We were in Cleveland to visit family and were looking for somewhere to go for lunch after church. What a fabulous place to have found! My husband is German so this was an extra special treat for him as well. The food was prepared to order and everything we had was very good. The service was great, we were not rushed at all giving us lots of time to catch up and have a nice relaxing meal and to catch up.

• Visited December 2012

Cleveland, Ohio
“Excellent traditional German food”
Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

We drove an hour to get to the Das Schnitzel Haus. It was worth it. The atmosphere reminded me of trips to Germany and so did the food. We started with Sauerkraut Balls - WOW! They were the best I've ever had. I had the Schweinsaxe which is always my choice when possible. I literally grabbed it by the bone and all the meat fell off it. It was very tender and delicious. My wife had Chicken Paprikosh. She liked it although I thought the chicken was a little dry. They don't have a huge beer selection although Warsteiner, Paulaner and Franziskaner were the German beers represented. If you want a large beer selection at a German restaurant in Cleveland then Der Braumeister would be the place to go.

We arrived at 6 on a Friday and it wasn't too busy. By 7 however, it was packed. So if you have a large party, arrive early. The atmosphere is fine for children. They played German music overhead and wasn't loud. So think quiet German restaurant not oompah music Hofbrauhaus!

I definitely recommend Das Schnitzel Haus.

1 Thank JoeProst
Erie, Pennsylvania
“Almost like back in Germany”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

What a wonderful dinning expierence. Born and raised in Germany I almost thought I am in Germany. The Atmosphere was wonderful, the waitress took really care about us. We drank German beer from the draft, the food was done very well. It was wonderful

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank zimmid
Parma Heights, Ohio
“Warm Hospitality and Great Food”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Located on the northwest side of Parma, Das Schnitzel Haus is a cozy, warm, and friendly restaurant where the owner is often present to greet and assist diners. Service is very leisurely and allows more than ample time to consider the wonderful entrees offered in the menu. Many schnitzels, goulash, cabbage and noodles and other comforting ethnic treats. The cevapi y lepinje (spelling may not be accurate) is made from scratch, a delightful made-on-premises bread roll and a huge number of little sausages served with a not-hot red pepper sauce and fresh raw onion slices is soooooooo good, salty and savory and warm and chewy, all in one bite. Igor, one of the servers, is cordial and eager to please and remembers what we order from one visit to the next. Dining rooms are fairly small with lots of dark wood in the front and a little more light and windows in the back. There is an enclosed outdoor 'bier garten' and a large selection of imported German beers and domestics as well are available.

Did I mention the service is very leisurely? Some would say very slow, but with great company and time to spend, this local (for me) restaurant is a real treat and stands heads above all of the franchised restaurants that are so prevalent in the Parma area. This restaurant is like Oktoberfest all year around!

• Visited October 2012
“German Goodness”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

This has to be the best german restaurant outside of Germany. Everything that we ate was so good that we made plans to visit again soon. Very family friendly. I think a little old german woman was in the back cooking from scratch. The food didn't come out right away which was fine because when it did come out it was all hot and delicious. Not to mention it gave us time to talk and have a ice cold german beer. Going back as soon as we get a chance.

Visited October 2012