“Authentic German Cuisine”

Cuisines: European, German
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed February 19, 2012

A vendor took me here for lunch last week and I enjoyed my meal and the ambiance. The decor is quite dark and traditional of german eateries and had a homey ethnic feel. There is a small outside area that is covered for dinning during the summer. During the winter it seemed to be the smokers hovel.

The staff was very nice and attentive. Our meals were served quickly. We both ordered the veal schnitzel sandwiches and they were great with wonderful homemade bread. I had fries with mine...but they had lots of other choices. The menu had quite a variety and I would like to go back for dinner some time. The prices seemed very resonable.

1  Thank Bobo185

Reviewed February 16, 2012

Let me start by saying the food is fantastic. I ordered the platter and my son ordered the pork schnitzel. German potato salad and red cabbage was all great. Good atmosphere, interesting music that fit the place and there were all kinds of people coming in for a Wednesday night. The service specifically with beverages was as bad as I've ever seen. The waiter gave us our food and never came back. We were sitting in the corner booth but he didn't ask once if we needed refills or more to drink, and didn't ask even once how the meal was. The waiter came to the table after we put our coats on and waited for over 5 minutes. My favorite part was he didn't ask he said "well it must have been good you ate it all." It was good but food can't make up for that. One of the craziest things I joked about with my boy was a middle aged lady (maybe a manager/owner?) came to ask the table of four older customers next to us how everything was but never even glanced at us and we were less than 5 feet away. Sad customer service. If you want good German food look them up but don't expect much more than the food.

Reviewed November 16, 2011

Das Schnitzel Haus is in the former location of a well-known Italian restaurant that had been in the area for decades. It is located in the large Cleveland suburb of Parma, which has thousands of families with European backgrounds. The popularity of the restaurant is shown by large crowds on weekends. The menu is diverse, the portions large and the service very friendly. Ten different varieties of schnitzel are offered, as well as sauerbraten, chicken paprikash, roast duck, ribs, walleye, and seasonal favorites.

I have visited on three occasions for lunch and have been very satisfied with each meal. There is an excellent sampler plate which includes a small Wiener Schnitzel that could be cut with a fork, a wurst, and a very tender Hungarian Goulash - my daughter and I split that on our first visit. On my next visit, several days later, I tried the Rinderrouladen - (beef roulade) - stuffed with onions, bacon and pickles, Finally, on my third visit I enjoyed the Jaeger (pork) Schnitzel.

Side dishes include excellent sauerkraut, red cabbage, spaetzels and a delicious German potato salad. The bread is unusual...it is Lepini, a Serbian bread somewhat similar to ciabatta.

In addition to the delicious food, the bar features four or five imported German beers on tap. The decor is central European in nature; there is a fairly large party room at the rear and also a large, enclosed patio in the front, complete with fireplace!

In my opinion, the food is excellent, the portions large, and the prices reasonable. I plan to return on many occasions!

Reviewed December 27, 2010

Our family visit the restaurant 3 times. In all the service was great, generous portions and German beers for a reasonable value in a German atmosphere. If you like German food, do not hesitate!

2  Thank CaioVi
Reviewed December 11, 2008

Excellent German food, large portions and affordable prices! I grew up in Germany and I have to say that this is the real thing! The service is very good and the owners are really friendly.

2  Thank reviewerMichigan