“Outstanding.”

Good for: Families with children
Cleveland, Ohio
“Outstanding.”
Reviewed December 26, 2010

There are several awards from Cleveland Scene magazine hanging on the walls of this nondescript building on a little strip mall which, from the outside, looks nothing special. DO NOT BE DECEIVED; this place is a hidden gem, offering way better cooking than, for example, a decent good Pho Pasteur. The home cooking here is unequalled. Try the Tamarind Lemongrass soup bowl for two, coming in at way less than I would have paid for a dish for ONE pretty much anywhere else in the area. Waitress was friendly and quick to offer help, but the arrival of the meal was a little slower, simply because it was cooked from scratch. More than worth the slight wait. I've never written a restaurant review before, but this one is worth putting pen to paper :)

Cleveland, Ohio
“Love it!!!!!”
Reviewed April 1, 2009

My husband and I went to Tay Do for dinner after stumbling upon it online. The food was out of this world! The flavors were so fresh and pleasing to the palate. Fresh spring rolls, crepes and noodles all exceeded our expectations. We love stumbling on great finds like this one...definitely a new fav.

Bay Area CA , Cleveland OH
“Best known Vietnamese in the area.”
Reviewed February 7, 2009

We just happened upon this place as we were returning the U-Haul Truck. It was literally across the street. We had previously asked around about Vietnamese food and no one had any suggestions. I'd imagine that it’s still foreign to most people out here. Imagine our surprise to find one within a couple of miles of the house.

The restaurant is your typical "hole in the wall" and "Mom n Pop" shop. The food there was great! I felt like I was back home in the Bay Area. I had their house special Pho. For those who aren't familiar with Vietnamese it’s the noodle soup. Served with accompanying fresh cilantro, basil, peppers, lemon, bean sprouts and often a few other items. The soup is served with rice noodles, mixed meats (meat balls, rare brisket, tripe, and tendons) all in this savory cinnamon beef stalk broth.

I highly recommend people in the area going here and supporting this establishment! Keep in mind that it is a small family run restaurant so be patient with them. We went at about 1pm and were greeted and served without hesitation.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“The very best in Vietnamese cuisine in this known area. The crepes and pho are simply amazing! Gui Cuon is unbeatable...”
Reviewed February 17, 2008

The very best in Vietnamese cuisine in this known area. The crepes and pho are simply amazing! Gui Cuon is unbeatable. A Husband and wife team only so go there with patience and expect a wait.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Cleveland
“Tay Do is a Tay Don't!”
Reviewed February 2, 2008

Served tea as soon as I entered and then did not see a server/hostess for 18 min. But she did take an order from a "friend of owner" that was sat 10 min. after myself. She was also very rude when I asked why my order was not taken in order of arrival. I left without eating.