“Great Food, but close quarters”
Review of Parallax

Parallax
Reserve with OpenTable
Parallax is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #50 of 1,840 Restaurants in Cleveland
Cuisines: Sushi, American, Seafood, Fusion
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Fairfield
Painesville, Ohio
“Great Food, but close quarters”
Reviewed May 23, 2014

First, our meal here was fantastic! My scallops were absolutely perfect and the risotto possibly the best I've had. My wife got the walleye, it was very non-traditional, with a spicy crust and Latin style creamed corn, it was remarkable as well. The service, from the host to our waiter were very attentive and pleasant. The things that keep me from rating it as excellent were the very pedestrian décor and the seating. I know many other restaurants seat this way but I always hate it. It's the type where half of the table has seating on a long bench that you share with neighboring diners. The table next to us was no more than 18" away and I couldn't look to the left or right without feeling like I was invading their privacy. I understand it is a small dining room and they need to maximize seating but I still don't like being that close to strangers while dining at a very nice place like this. Based solely on food I would definitely rate it as excellent.

• Visited May 2014

Twinsburg, Ohio
“We Will Return”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

We were looking for an unplanned meal, and decided to dine in the Tremont or Ohio City neighborhoods of Cleveland, and after some failed attempts at other places ended up at Parallax. There is a bar area and a main dining room. The bar area was packed, the music pleasantly loud but it was easy for everyone to have a conversation without shouting. The main dining room had had music playing as well but despite the crowd, there was no irritating "noise" -- my guess is the restaurant was designed to absorb noise, making this a delightful place to have a delicious meal. The martinis were different and very enjoyable (we tried a Pear 75 and Debbie Does Bourbon. We split a Rainbow Roll as an appetizer - excellent. The main courses were wonderful. My wife had the scallops and substituted an eggplant side dish for the pineapple rice that usually is served with the meal. The scallops were prepared perfectly and the eggplant was tasty and flavorful. I had the seafood stew, served in a lemon fennel potato "soup" -- served with a large scallop, 3 large prawns, squid, clams and a firm white fish. Again a perfect paring of flavors and plenty of food. The service was excellent. They are also totally able to accommodate gluten allergies with gluten-free bread and soy sauce. Cost with 22% tip was $110.

• Visited March 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
“Impressive!”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

From the friendly Hostess who very gently nudged us to our table after imbibing at the bar for 30min+ past our reservation to the Bartender who concocted a special drink for our indecisive friend, to the perfectly attentive Waiter who gave spot-on recommendations, our experience at Parallax was excellent!

Smart, trendy décor in a smart, trendy neighborhood..meets expectations on this point.

Large wine list, bier list that only slightly nods to the bier aficionado. This needs improvement as there are many fine biers that would compliment the menu even better than their wine could. Consulting with a Cicerone would be of benefit on this point.

Apps, soup, entrees were all exemplary.

I'll very much look forward to my next opportunity to visit Parallax.

• Visited March 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
“Eat At Parallax”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Wonderful food especially the seafood and sushi. Excellent wine list. Well-trained service staff. The flagship of Zach Bruell restaurants. (Also try happy hour for a fun value meal.)

• Visited January 2014
Chagrin Falls, Ohio
“Excellent dining experience”
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Second time eating in Parallax. It was a busy night on St Valentine's weekend. Had a reservation at 9:30 pm and exactly at that time we were seated in our table. Had the calamari and Green dragon sushi for appetizers. The sushi was palatable with a unique twist. The calamari were awesome also. Had the scallops as main course and my wife had the Shrimp. The seared scallops were fresh and appropriately cooked; possibly the best scallops I have ever had. My wife also loved the shrimp. The service was excellent and seamless. I have been in most of the better ranked restaurants in Cleveland and Parallax stands out as one of the top restaurants in Greater Cleveland. Highly recommended.

1 Thank CRMCB