“Just what I expected”

Cross street: Prospect Avenue
Cleveland, Ohio
“Just what I expected”
Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant was right along with what I was hoping for. Food was good and the decor was nice and welcoming. There was a foie gras app special that my wife really enjoyed. I had the ribeye and it was also very good and paired with a nice red wine. My only complaint would be the menu is very limited in offerings. I would go again but only if in the area or with company.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank lvgoliath

Wadsworth, Ohio
“Well recommended”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

I was recently in Cleveland for a short stay for a conference and my husband and I wanted to try a more local restaurant as opposed to a chain. My brother in law recommended this restaurant. We were seated promptly. The servers were attentive. We were there for lunch and glad we arrived early. The place does a good lunch time business. The menu is not terribly long but it was not difficult to find something to please. I had the soup of the day which was a black bean soup which was excellent. My entrée was macaroni and cheese which is definitely not your everyday dish. Very tasty. My husband had the tomato soup which again was not ordinary and grilled fish. We both left quite full and satisfied. A fun place to eat but not a budget restaurant.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Sally S
Rockport, Texas
“Disappointed”
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Food was not we expected, pork belly too fat, the sirloin was hard and the wine card is too short.
The service was average . We came for my daughter birthday and for sure we never come back.
Prices are too high.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank coastalrm47
Toronto
“Don't be disappointed if you don't get the chef's table, same experience as any table in the restaurant”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Food and service was as expected for this style and price of restaurant. Absolutely no disappointments in that regard. Recommendations on wine and food selections by our server were very good. We had requested the chef's table, which is our favourite table when the two of us dine. This was the only time we have been disappointed seating @ a chef' s table. We have always experienced kitchen staff who have conversed with us, told us something about the dishes they are preparing, and usually offered us something they were preparing in addition to our menu selections. And always the chef has come to the table. Not @ Lola. No one spoke to us or the other 4 @ the chef's table. Someone needs to train the kitchen staff on why clients ask to dine @ the chef's table. Or they should just make it into a bar, where the bartender talks to the patrons.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank DAD11
Toledo, Ohio
“Downtown restuarant”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

My husband and I came here during the summer so we dined outside on the patio. This is one of my favorite streets in Cleveland so I loved the atmosphere. The food and service were great. Our waiter explained the menu options and was very helpful. Should check out 4th if visiting just to see.

• Visited May 2013