“A last minute surprise!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lola Bistro & Wine Bar

Lola Bistro & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Lola Bistro & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 1,801 Restaurants in Cleveland
Cuisines: American, Wine Bar, Gluten Free
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Prospect Avenue
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
“A last minute surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

Last night we were walking the downtown area of Cleveland and wandered into Lola's. I'd read about it on line so we decided to go in. What a great surprise. All of the food was excellent. I had the hanger steak and my wife had the salmon. As an appetizer I had to try the beef cheek perrogi. It was outstanding! The wine was great, nicely chilled; even the bread was great, warm and fresh. We were happy to find a white from New Zealand.

The service was exceptional. We were so satisfied with dinner we had no room for desert! Shame as they had some interesting choices. We went to the restaurant a bit late, after 9pm. It was busy but we got lucky and got a table.

It is a little expensive, but worth every penny. It's great to go to a really good place and love everything you ate. Oh, the Lola freits were awesome! Almost forgot, as I shared them with my wife. Normally I skip the fries but these were cooked in bacon grease, and the best I've had!

We would go back on a future trip to Cleveland. It's also a romantic spot and a nice walk from our hotel downtown.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Donald M

Los Angeles, California
“Lived up to the expectations!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I have been a fan of Michael Symon for ages and finally got a chance to visit Lola and it did not disappoint. I love the location, the atmosphere and the open kitchen. Everyone I was with in a party of 8 had a wonderful time, and loved their meals. The scallops in particular were spectacular. I also love the cocktail menu delivered on a computer. A must visit location in Cleveland for sure.

• Visited August 2013
Saginaw, Michigan
“Lola's”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Lola's was recommended by our son who had visited it when in Cleveland. He recommended eating pork. My wife had salmon which she enjoyed very much. I had the pork shank which was also good, We went during the week and had no trouble getting a table. Although Lola's was very good, Michael Symon's Roast restaurant in Detroit was a bit better.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank jwf2523
Irvine, California
“Lola = Loser”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I am a big fan of Michael Symon. I hated the food at his restaurant in Cleveland, Ohio. I ordered his signature Lola hamburger. It was so greasy that I had to wrap a napkin around it to absorb the grease. The after-taste stayed with me all day. The rest of our party had the same bad experience with their lunches. I was so disapointed in the whole experience. I read some of the other reviews and I can only say, they must be from his family. I may try going there again, I'm just not sure when.

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
3 Thank JamesF920
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
“Excellent Food, Worth the Money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

This was our first visit to Lola's although we are from Cleveland and go downtown quite often. always heard it was super difficult to get a table. I'm sure it is at peak times. We went for my birthday and sat for dinner at 5:30. The service and dinner was exceptional. I had the pork shank which was recommended by the waitress and it was phenomenal. My wife had scallops and pasta which she said was equally good. This is an expensive restaurant and we'll go maybe a couple times a year for special occasions, but you will not be dissappointed

• Visited October 2013