“Simply wonderful”

Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Prospect Avenue
Reviewed June 17, 2013

My husband and I went here for dinner for my birthday.

It was perfect. What an ecclectic menu and lots of variety. Our server (Meghan) was very knowledgeable about everything and extremely pleasamt and helpful.

I had a Sangria and it was delicious.

For appetizers I chose the Kale Salad which was delicious - very different and I was very happy with it. My husband chose the cow cheek perogies and he loved them.

We chose the Pork Shank and the Pork Chop which apparently are highly recommended. Great decision!!!

Unfortunately I was sooo full that I didn't have room for dessert.

My only tip to anyone going there is to try to sit at the cook bar. Since it was our first time here we didn't know but we saw that there was seating at the bar where all the foods were prepared. I would have loved to have sat there.

From far away I watched and I was totally impressed at how smoothly everything operated and how the food and dishes were handled by the chefs and the wait staff.

I would definitely come back next time I am in Cleveland.

Excellent!

Reviewed June 16, 2013

A must to try in Cleveland. Located on East 4th Street, this is a wonderful location as the street is closed off and packed with outside patios and restaurants. The ambiance is great, perfect size menu that doesn't overwhelm you with too many choices, but enough to make it a difficult decision. Great local beer selection, wine selection and the service was wow. Our waitress new the whole menu like as if she was the cook. The food was outstanding, but who is this Michael Symon? So I google him and find out he also owns a restaurant in downtown Detroit called "Roast". This is another restaurant to check out as numerous Canadians cross the border to dine here, as I have done as well. Need I say more, Lola is a place to eat, prices are fair, food is good, portions are perfect

Reviewed June 16, 2013

I am a casual watcher of The Food Network, and when we found ourselves in Cleveland for a weekend, my friend suggested going to Michael Symon's restaurant Lola... I had no real idea who he was.
Now I know he's a great chef if he put this menu together.
Everything was great. We had the oysters mignonette, perogies and bone marrow appetizers. If you've never had bone marrow, this is the place to try it. It's a unique taste and texture, but I liked it.
For entrees we had ribeye with a salad topping (lemon dressing dripping into the steak..), scallops and the pork chop. The dessert was the 6am special - look it up...who would have thought bacon ice cream would be good?
Unbelievable.
If you are on a budget eat cheap for breakfast and lunch and splurge this one time. It will be so worth it.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

It is impossible for to put into words how excellent this restaurant was. From the atmosphere to the service to the food. Everything was great. We had the oysters mignonette, perogies and bone marrow appetizers. For entrees we had ribeye, scallops and the pork chop. The dessert was the 6am special. Unbelievable. If on a budget eat cheap for breakfast and lunch and splurge this one time. It will be so worth it.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

One of the top places to go in Cleveland. Very unique atmosphere, excellent service, imaginative menu and amazingly delicious food. Braised lamb, beef Ribeye we're amazing as we're the scallops. Be sure to try the beef cheek pierogis and the crab tator tots.