“Michael Symon, enough said!”

Lola Bistro & Wine Bar
Ranked #5 of 1,884 Restaurants in Cleveland
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Prospect Avenue
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Look forward to business trips to Cleveland just so I can eat at Lola. This restaurant is a gem that for an Iron Chef groupie surpasses all the other Iron Chef restaurants at which I've been lucky to eat. While it may not always be possible to get a reservation (but a lot easier than other Iron Chef restaurants -- this is Cleveland) being by myself I take advantage of the cosmopolitan style bar where a full menu is available. If eating at a Symon restaurant, Lola included, make sure you try anything with meat. Michael can even get me to eat Beef Heart with the addition of him chimmichurri sauce. For desert, always go for the "breakfast" option with bacon ice cream and brioche french toast.

1  Thank riskdoctor
Write a ReviewReviews (1,276)

Reviewed February 24, 2013

My wife and I along with another couple had dinner at Lola during Cleveland Restaurant Week. There was a three-course prix fix special for $30. The entrée choices were scallops, hanger steak, or a vegetarian dish. The service and food were both perfect. The only negative I can think of, and it is very minor, is the cost for parking ($15 for valet, not including tip).

1  Thank Billiken82
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I had been to Lola Bistro for dinner on different occasions, but never for lunch. What a great surprise. I loved the menu options, with great lunch portions and the options of soup and sandwich. I had the ham and cheese sandwich and the spicy tomato bisque, with fresh lemonade. The soup was great, but the sandwich was so flavorful, that i can say it is the best ham and cheese sandwich i ever had. I was very pleasantly surprised. The ambiance and service was great as always. I will definitely get there more often for lunch.

1  Thank Palomo55
Reviewed February 21, 2013

From the warm greeting upon arrival to the redistribution of coats at departure, this was the total package. When you hear about a chef's signature or flagship restaurant for years -- from friends, family and the ever-present Food Network -- you tend to not let your expectations get too high. Expectations were exceeded throughout our meal. We'd done due diligence before arriving, and scrolled the 17-page wine list online, making mental note of what we might like to start the evening with. Much has been written about the unfriendliness of wine list delivered on an iPad. We loved it. Not only was it easy to read (lighting in the restaurant is somewhat challenging), we could earmark wines as we went along, then review before placing our order. BONUS! in-depth descriptions for each wine were available, and that was greatly appreciated. Four women with different wine preferences were able to agree on what to order and share, thanks to the details. Our waiter knew the menu well, was able to recommend dishes based on ingredient likes or dislikes, and delivered on his promise to keep the meal well-paced. All our dishes -- beef cheek pierogi, roast beet salad, duck, pork shank and pork chop -- were top-shelf. Our party of four spent less than $80 per person (before tip) for four appetizers, four entrees, three bottles of wine and one killer dessert (maple bacon ice cream, anyone?). Well done, Iron Chef Symon. Well done.

2  Thank Wordbabe
Reviewed February 9, 2013

have not yet tried this place for dinner but enjoyed a really good lunch there. A bit pricey but great service and atmosphere