“One of the best restaurants I've been to in Cleveland”

The Bourbon Street Barrel Room
Ranked #10 of 2,014 Restaurants in Cleveland
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Bourbon Street Barrel Room in Tremont offers a relaxed, casual, fun atmosphere while serving authentic New Orleans style cuisine by Southern Louisiana native, Johnny Schulze. Chef Johnny's Creole and Cajun inspired cuisine includes classics such as: gumbo, jambalaya, crawfish etouffee, & beignets (just to name a few). The Bourbon Street Barrel Room also features 30 rotating craft beer handles from some of the best breweries in the world, as well as ALL the classic New Orleans cocktails made with love and care. Located in the heart of historic Tremont on Professor Ave next door to the award-winning Fahrenheit restaurant, BSBR features an open split-level room with bars on both floors creating an exciting late-night experience until 1am on the weekends! BSBR is also open for lunch on Fridays & Saturdays, and offers an authentic New Orleans Brunch on Sundays.
Reviewed September 16, 2018

Very good food that compares well to Louisiana-inspired dishes I've actually enjoyed in NOLA. The atmosphere is outstanding also.

1  Thank RoyLScam

Reviewed August 29, 2018

We were in the Tremont area and asked a local for a recommendation and they mentioned this place. I love creole and am always up for something different then the usual burger joint. This place did not disappoint. The ambiance was great and we were able to sit on the patio. The lights were a great addition to set the feel and the service was friendly and prompt. I ordered the Joi De Vie (pick 3 sampler) because I could not make a choice. It was nice to try a few different options and I will say that my one disappointment might have been that the Jambalaya was a bit dry. We got hush puppies as an appetizer and my friend was hoping for southern sweet hush puppies (as the menu said southern classic) but they were not that sweet but still very good.
We also ordered the blackened catfish which was very good! and the three cheese pasta which I have to say that not being a macaroni and cheese fan, this was a very good dish.
Desserts looked good, though we did not get any as we had spotted the ice cream place across the street on the way in and had planned for that. Next time I will be trying some different appetizers and dessert!

1  Thank Lisa M
Reviewed August 27, 2018

Treat yourself to a night a Bourbon Street Barrel Room. The neighborhood, the N'Awlins atmosphere, the food, the drinks -- all worth the trip. You sometimes have to wait a bit for a table, but it's worth it. Go to Tremont on a "Walkabout Tremont" Friday night and you'll get a show while you're waiting. (Walkabout Tremont happens the second Friday of the month from 5-10 p.m. during the warmer weather. Entertainers, artists, pop-up shops, galleries staying open late ...) Really good Cajun and Creole food. I like the Joi de Vie sampler that lets you try three apps for $16.95.

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank celested715
Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

It is so hard to get decent fried oysters when you’re not near the ocean. These were very good, as was the other food we sampled. Definitely worth checking out when in Tremont.

Reviewed August 18, 2018

We were at Bourbon Street Barrel Room on a Saturday night. The place was popping! That said, we were seated immediately. Our server was personable, professional and efficient. And the food! EVERYTHING was authentic Louisiana style food. It was delicious. My husband and I each had a craft beer. Mine was very fruity..it was yummy! My husband enjoyed his as well. We were so full from dinner that we ordered beignets to go. And once back at our home they did go! Right in our bellies! Compliments to the chef!

1  Thank 722gingerd