“You should try it!”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Description: Authentic Vietnamese Pho Restaurant
Description: Authentic Vietnamese Pho Restaurant
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Plenty of parking in the back which is nice and seemed very safe during the day. Signage could be better for sure but you can walk in through the back and it's a general corridor, even though it appears that you are walking into a different restaurant.

Pho was good, a little on the meek side but I like that it didn't have too harsh of a spice flavor that you can get with Phos. I don't know if it's star anise or cinammon but some of the spicier Phos have too much undertone notes. I prefer chili and pepper type flavorings.

I ordered the Pho with everything in it and it didn't have any meatballs. It was loaded with plenty of meat for sure though...I just wanted to try the meatballs.

The bahn mi was really delicious. I'd go back for the bahn mi for sure. Not too many places around here where you can get the delicious bread like that and the good pate spread.

Make sure you grab everything you want in the beginning because you probably won't see your server again. A different person brings you your food and you are left with a check stub to pay at the register so this helps expedite a very busy restaurant. If you are an average eater then a small is plenty. And if you don't have good noodle eating skills or use chopsticks slowly your noodles will expand in your bowl and you'll never finish them! I had no problem finishing off a large noodle bowl.

3  Thank pinkcarnationcandy

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Being a native Clevelander I had never been in our Asian community area for dinner. I went to Superior Pho to try out the area and this was one of the better recommended restaurants. It is very simple but the food was very good. Definitely Vietnamese. It was unique and very tasty. It felt good to get away from our normal habits and the food was very healthy.There are two dining rooms and both were about 75% filled on a Thursday evening. The area of Cleveland is not the best because it is a bit industrial but there is a large parking lot in the back. There were many all women dining groups so that tells you it is safe. It didn't serve any beer or wine which is a disadvantage and the food came out so quickly it almost made you feel rushed. The service was great. We are going back for more in the future.

1  Thank OhioTraveler7342
Reviewed March 18, 2013

What can I say but, this is some awesome soup, especially on a cold Cleveland day.
Their Spring and Summer rolls and their papaya salad are also good. Located in a building with a couple other restaurants, Superior Pho is just that, Superior. I have gone there several times without disappointment in quality of food. I'm hoping to try some of their other dishes but the soup keeps me coming back for more.

1  Thank Mary K
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I have also had #1 Pho which is across the street and both places are really good. Superior Pho was really delicious. The water cups are small. If you do not order pop, ask for a bigger cup. Also, they will give you a fork if you ask. At first, I struggled to eat the noodles with chopsticks. The portions are very large.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

I ordered Combo 10 with the chicken pho. It was a large portion of chicken pho and a descent size sandwich. I thought both tasted good although this was my first Vietnamese restaurant, so I have no comparison.
Service was quick and friendly and the place seemed clean.

1  Thank SuperPoser