“Good upscale mexican”

Ranked #17 of 2,005 Restaurants in Cleveland
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Momocho serves award winning modern mexican cuisine / located in the historic ohio city neighborhood / dinner 6 nights a week + weekday happy hour from 5pm-630pm / seasonal outdoor patios / reservations accepted for parties of 6 or less / viva momocho!
Reviewed January 18, 2017 via mobile

I am visiting Cleveland for business and this place came highly recommended by a local. The atmosphere was cozy and the service was very friendly. We started with the goat cheese guacamole and the one with bacon but without the trout. The guac tasted very fresh and the chips were crunchy and plentiful. I had the Chile relleno for an entree that was filled with cheese with a side of a delicious spicy tomato based sauce and some beans. I might have also had 3 of their house margaritas. I wish they came in more traditional style margarita glasses but they were tasty but not too sweet. I tend to snub my nose at mexican food that isn't usually found at a more authentic style burrito shop, but this place was great. I'd definitely go back if I lived closer.

Reviewed January 9, 2017 via mobile

Like not being in Cleveland. Great atmosphere, warm welcome by hostess and then by server. Super varied menu which server guided us though. Loved mango habanoro margaritas, trout bacon quacamole and jalapeño bread pudding along with the rest of dinner. Service was great---will be back soon!

Reviewed December 30, 2016 via mobile

Momocho is a Mexican restaurant with a fun atmosphere and great food. I would highly recommend the cucumber margaritas!

Reviewed December 5, 2016

I have a job which gives me the opportunity to work around the world and as Mexican, occasionally I like to try Mexican food in those Countries where I know our food it is not so common. After 20 years traveling I have to say this is the worst Mexican food I ever tried.

4  Thank Luisana G
Reviewed November 26, 2016 via mobile

Restaurant started off quiet but soon filled up. Goat cheese guac to start with double chips. Perfect along with some house margaritas. Next came machaca beef, camarones, remolacha beets with peanuts and very rare tuna. All were amazing and lots left for the next day lunch. Finished with Mexican chocolate pot de creme and capirotada bread pudding. Always a great meal here and this time was no exception
Great service from Damion too