“Seriously amazing food.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Momocho
Ranked #10 of 1,831 Restaurants in Cleveland
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Latin
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Momocho serves award winning modern mexican cuisine / located in the historic ohio city neighborhood / dinner 6 nights a week + weekday happy hour from 5pm-630pm / seasonal outdoor patios / reservations accepted for parties of 6 or less / viva momocho!
Blackwood, New Jersey
“Seriously amazing food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

We saw this restaurant featured on Diners, Drive-Ins, & Dives literally a few days before we left for Cleveland. And, I am so happy that we did because it was some of the best Mexican food I've ever eaten. Personally, I think most of the entrees were reasonably priced; although some may think that the cost is a bit too high for their tastes.
I am not to familiar with the layout of Cleveland, but it was not located in the Downtown area so we had to drive there. But it was only like a ten minute ride from our hotel. My wife had the carnitas, and I had braised beef tamales - just dynamite food. They prepare guacamole like 5 different ways. The fried ice cream was decadent. The place rules.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Nick M

“THIS PLACE ROCKS!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

Finally got to try this place after months of hearing about it. First time in was incredible. We didn't have reservations, but went and took our chances and ended up sitting at the bar...SCORE! The bartender Mike Smith is awesome. He is undeniably an efficient multi-tasker! The unique flavors of magaritas are magical. All made from fresh fruits & veggies,no lemix. I was immediately consumed with the menu...I just kept reading it over and over because EVERYTHING ON IT SOUNDED AMAZING. The bartenders Mike & Anne were great at helping us decide. Finally settling on trying a few things with a friend, everything is a sharable portion. Just went back for a 2nd time and ate all different items. Working on trying everything on the menu atleast once. The atmosphere is upbeat, staff is all very nice, and the decor & artwork is like no other place in Cleveland. Small, hip, cool and VERY moderately priced for the amount and quality of food. The only bad thing is it's 35 miles from my home. (Probably a good thing) My new MOST FAVORITE PLACE! You can't go wrong here!!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Gemluvr18k
“Get your air conditioning fixed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Love the take on modern Mexican food, but, not overly welcoming when you come into the restaurant. Also, it was so unbearably hot it was hard to enjoy any aspect of the food which we drove 60 miles to enjoy. Either fix the air conditioning or don't open when it's over 85 degrees!

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JFis
Livonia, Michigan
“Mexican for Foodies”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

If your idea of good Mexican food involves a plate of food smothered in cheese with a side of rice and refried beans for $5-$10, don't eat here. If your idea of good Mexican food involves authentic and unique cuisine, make your reservation now.

Doing research for long weekend in Cleveland, this place was recommeded by Jenny8117 in TA along with the advice to make a reservation. When I called about two weeks before our trip, the only Friday or Saturday openings were at 5:00pm or 9:15pm. When we arrived 10 minutes before our 5:00pm slot, there were already a dozen people lined up on the sidewalk.

I really wanted to try to celebrated guacamole sampler but since there were just two of us we decided on the goat cheese one (excellent). I was leary of the taquitos (in my mind I was picturing those fried things rolling around by the hotdogs at 7-11) until the waiter explained how they were prepared. We enjoyed the machaca (beef brisket) and camaron (shrimp). Both were served cazuela style (think a bowl of flavored broth) along with two unique sauces and tortillas to eat them like fajitas. In the end, we were licking our bowls clean.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank MaryBluEyes
“Best Mexican around”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

Amazing guacamole and tacos! Everything on the menu is excellent and the drinks are pretty good too. A unique selection of cocktails. Go there if you're in the mood for Mexican and no where else! Go now!

• Visited September 2012