“Fun Place” 4 of 5 bubbles

Momocho
Ranked #10 of 1,831 Restaurants in Cleveland
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Latin
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Momocho serves award winning modern mexican cuisine / located in the historic ohio city neighborhood / dinner 6 nights a week + weekday happy hour from 5pm-630pm / seasonal outdoor patios / reservations accepted for parties of 6 or less / viva momocho!
Pennsylvania’s Endless Mountains, Pennsylvania
“Fun Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

Fun atmosphere. The only complaint I had was that the waiter did not tell me something that I ordered was VERY spicy!

Visited October 2012

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Traveled to Ohio City Just to Eat Here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

We were not disappointed! Made reservations and although we couldn't get one until 10:15 on a Saturday evening, it was worth the wait. We had seen this place on the FOOD network and decided we'd make a weekend out of it. The guacamole was excellent! Our server was friendly and helpful, pointing out a few dishes worth trying. I had the tamales (HIGHLY RECOMMEND!) while my boyfriend tried a pork dish. Everything was delicious and the atmosphere was cozy and fun. We will be back!

Visited October 2012
1 Thank PghJenna37
Cleveland, Ohio
“Great Food... Better Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

The restaurant is located in a converted house in a historic neighborhood of Cleveland. Parking is limited next to the building but there is usually street access. Once inside the bar is on the first floor with seating and the main dining room is upstairs. The decor is filled with old Mexican photos and many 'Lucha Libre' (masked wrestlers) nostalgia.

On to the food.... you are cheating yourself if you do not get the margarita sampler as well as the guacomole sampler. Both are a great way to get a real taste of the food. My fiance and I were lucky enough to sit at a makeshift 'chef's table' where we watched the cooks make guacomole and other things. My fiance has a gluten allergy and was able to try some variation of almost everything on the menu.

Bottom line... this place is a must go for Mexican food. If you are expecting 'Taco Bell' type of Mexican food you sill be dissapointed. Great tastes, service, and atmosphere.

The Blood Orange margarita and guacomle with habanero is a must.

-Sam

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Samuel W
Cleveland, Ohio
“great guac, empenadas and beer menu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

cool atmosphere, friendly staff, good food! my friend and I sat at the bar. She had a magarita and I tried 2 different dark beers. We split a guac that had pinapple in it and a seafood empanada. Everything was delicious!

Visited September 2012
2 Thank likethewind27
Albany, NY
“wonderful food and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

Last night I took my son (a freshman at CWRU) to dinner at Momocho. Bar area was packed, upstairs a bit of a wait, but with the cooler temps we were able to get a table on the patio.
What a wonderful meal. Started with the Guacamole sampler. All were wonderful with the smoked trout being my favorite. Son's main was the wild boar and mine the brisket. Wow to both. Sadly we were too full to sample dessert. The service was just right, attentive and informative without being rushed. Highly recommend for a unique take on Mexican fare.
One suggestion; add heaters to the patio area to extend the seasonal use of this space.

• Visited September 2012