“No slacking off”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Professor Ave
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Service, food and beer menu is exactly what you would expect from iron chef restaurant. Friendly but not stuffy.
Must get Brussel Sprouts!

1  Thank PghGirl28

Reviewed January 27, 2013

My husband and I have shared meals at Lolita's at least six times. We had great dining experiences with good, friendly and efficient service. The food was delicious!
In the past few months, I dined at Lolita twice. The first time I was there with my sister-in-law and the service was mostly non-existent. We felt completely ignored. I chalked it up to an off night and went back the following week with my two sisters. The service was even worse! We were treated like we were an annoyance. When we asked to speak to the manager, (and we are a friendly group) he assured us that everyone loves Lolita's, completely ignoring what we tried to say!
The difference in treatment makes me sad and prevents me from going back with my husband.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Been here multiple times, everytime is solid never been dissappointed. Pizzas are stellar, the soppressata is the best pizza I have had outside of Italy, no joke. The pasta dishes are all legit I have crushed all of them on different visits. Go for happy hour and order a beta you won't be sorry.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

I was very excited to go to Lolita's and I was not disappointed. What stood out the most to me was the service we received, it was really welcoming and professional all at the same time and made for a memorable evening. Okay, it didn't hurt that sitting right across from me was Michael Symon himself! At first I thought my eyes were deceiving me but our waitress confirmed my suspicions and that made the night even more special and fun.

But, of course, we went there for the food and it was amazing. We chose the chicken liver app and it was my favorite thing we had. It's weird to suggest to someone to have chicken livers, especially if you think you would not like them, but I think you would. My husband had the pork chop entree which was a very thick cut with a sauce he really enjoyed. I had a seafood risotto, the special that night, and it was excellent with scallops, lobster and the most amazing plump mussels. We both got the famous brussels sprouts and they are as good as everyone says...a large serving, too! Enough to share if you want to try different sides. There was no skimping on any of our servings. We were slightly disappointed with our dessert which was chocolate bread pudding. It tasted more like a lava cake and came with ice cream and pears. It didn't leave us satisfied after everything that came before it was so stellar. I'm sure there is a better choice on the dessert menu.

The entire menu is limited but you understand the reason for that once inside. It is a very small building with the kitchen right in view. It was fun to see and the ambiance of the restaurant is really nice. Yes, dark at first, but you come to appreciate it, romantic and cozy. We were there on a Saturday night and found parking about two blocks away. They did offer valet, also. The area was not at all what we expected, an unassuming small town feel. We had a great evening and I hope I get to return to Lolita's again in the future to try more of the menu offerings. Yum.

1  Thank braidybunch
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Mussels, brussel sprouts, and Mac and Cheese take offs are must tries. Happy burger is a stand as good as Cento. Everything for $5... A weird vodka martini - margarita combo works. Happy hours are both 5-6:30 then 9 till close on weekdays.. no Fridays, but back on Saturdays starting at 10:30 and Sundays 4-6pm. With Dante across the street and Istanbul a 5-minute walk, it's heaven hopping these on Saturday afternoons.