“Take the kids!”

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Take the kids!”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We took our grandson to this museum. He was so fascinated by the vintage vehicles and the partially restored carousel.

We also had a tour of the Hay-McKinney mansion. It was easy to be mentally transported to another time in America. What a beautiful home.

We were very impressed by the restoration work done on the above exhibits.

It was a really fun outing and a great value.

Visited November 2013

Helena, MT
262 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 465 helpful votes
“Lots of Brass”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

changing but still good. Lots of big old brass cars and some rare motorcycles. Great little gift shop. Lots of other museums in the area. Loved it.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank vintagetrailer
East Syracuse, New York
249 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 340 helpful votes
“Well worth a visit.”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Some reviews were on the negative side. The museum was in renovation till this past June, with many autos not available. At present the entire museum is open, both floors.

Upstairs I counted 26 autos, 2 motorcycles and only four aircraft. About 60 autos in the lower level and 2 motorcycles. All autos are arranged separate, end to end or side by side. The total museum is well laid out.

I came across several autos I never heard of, so this was a history lesson for me. Good lighting for photography. Several staff members to answer any questions. If they didn't know any answer, they would ask another member for an answer. Also a small gift shop.

Parking is off Magnolia Street, just follow the street signs. $5.00 for any length of time. Parking is paid at admissions. A visitor well be given a token to be put in the unattended gate. Insert the token and gate will open up.

My visit lasted about 5 1/2 hours. This included recording what I photographed, talking with at least three staff members and a touring an attached mansion. The mansion tour is about 65 minutes. A visitor must sign up for mansion tour in the gift shop.

If a visitor enjoys autos from the 1890's (or before) up to the early 2000's, plan a visit. The museum will not disappoint. I recommend a visit.

Jack L., Syracuse, New York.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Jack L
New Jersey
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 115 helpful votes
“Disappointed”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I had fond memories of this museum. I'm not quite sure of what is happening but there are empty rooms and half completed exhibits. The best part of the museum, the Hay-McKinney house is only available via a guided tour offered only twice a day. The costume show at the time of our visit was labeled "Dior and More" consisted of one room of dresses, which reflected a variety of periods and styles. I'm not quite sure what message the display was trying to convey, other than we have some nice dresses in the collection. The other displays were equally disjointed and there was very little that seemed to reflect the history of North East Ohio. The children's room was pretty generic and again, I'm not sure what plastic food had to do with the history of North East Ohio. The library was closed at the time of our visit. Admission is somewhat expensive. The Society should consider adjusting its prices when so much of the facility is torn apart or closed.

Visited July 2013
4 Thank nancym1010
Lexington, KY
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Rare cars in great condition”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The only thing I disliked was that the entire collection was not on display as the facility is still under renovation. Will return to see the rest. Surprised to see some very old cars that in today's world would be "hybrids" or pure electric.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank DC-3Nut

Been to Crawford Auto-Aviation Museum? Share your experiences!