“Need an Outing”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Need an Outing”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

If you are looking for something free and cool to do go visit the library. Even if you don't need to check out a book it is something to see. The chess collection is so interesting and the architecture and hanging artwork is stunning. I am local but have taken my kids there just to tour the building and take in the views of the lake out the windows. I brought my camera along and got some cool shots!

Visited July 2014

Gloucestershire, England
65 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 384 helpful votes
“Well worth a visit!”
Reviewed July 10, 2014

One of our party had a particular interest in the public library and had it not been for that, we would have missed seeing this gem of a building which contains some real treasures. In common with many public libraries in the USA, there is a rich collection of art which is accessible to all. Librarians and other staff were only too pleased to share what they knew of it and spoke proudly of the building in which they are fortunate to work. Self guided tour leaflets were helpful in enabling us to find the best bits!

Visited June 2014
2 Thank elegantraveller
Gates Mills, Ohio
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“A great place to explore and restore oneself!”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Not only does this building have everything under the sun to read,
but it also offers visitors lunchtime lectures and special exhibits.
I find the architecture of this building fascinating, especially the murals. This is a great place to spend a few hours any time of the year. I like to go to the Cleveland Public Library on a hot and humid day to find cool comfort inside at lecture or at a book sale, or I will sit on a bench in the small outdoor reading garden just to rest my feet a short while. There are many popular places to eat near the library and Public Square is within walking distance. Unless I take public transportation, I need to have a lot of quarters for a parking meter plus a lot of good luck to find a place to park on the street that is close to the library. There is a public parking lot across the street where I have found an available spot on the outside rooftop level…of course, I have had to pay the full daily parking rate - a small price to pay to avoid a street parking violation.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Robert Z
Chesapeake, Virginia, United States
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Where I first saw a tome….”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

…..of grants available to people all over the world. Drenched in nostalgia and history. Well worth any walk through. Anyone not appreciating books will after visiting this site.

Visited August 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
9 attraction reviews
“Love books!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The Cleveland library is a great place to go and look at books. The architecture is also amazing. You could spend hours there at a time.

Visited August 2013