“Not what I expected”

Red - The Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Red - The Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 1,841 Restaurants in Cleveland
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Not what I expected”
Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

Don't get me wrong, both food and service were good. Actually more than good. I just had an issue with the atmosphere. It seemed more like a pick up bar rather than a serious carnivore eatery. Cavs game on a tv and two gents seriously trying to pick up 3 women (who did not seem to mind, btw).
Food was good. New York sirloin cooked to my liking and the two sides of creamed spinach and mushrooms refreshingly tasty! My only bad experience was the creme brûlée . Not good and almost hastedly made.
Service was quite good from my waitress, but very less so from the valee attendee who decided not to call in for a cab but rather hail one down (an impossibility to get one with the cavs game just finished). On top, not a very helpful gent. I would give this place 3.5 if I could. I would visit again for the meat (not the desert) and with a car rather than a taxi.

Visited February 2014

cleveland
“Just Ok, but overpriced”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Got the 16 oz ribeye , angus, with risottto and brocoli, she had the small filet, we both had french onion soup and oysters. The total was $165, $200 with tip. I ordered my steak medium, it came absolutely raw. I had to send it back. It took quite some time for it to be returned and when it was I picked up my fork, reached for my kinife and one of the managers started in with please can you cut it open to make sure it's Ok, please can you do that now, I had to turn to her and say, what did you think I was going to do next? The risotto was Ok, the brocoli was undercooked. The french onion soup was Ok, nothing to write home about. The oysters were fabulous.

The service was good but almost over bearing. The food was also good, not fabulous, no wow factor, just Ok, which is why to me this was overpriced.
The ambience was OK, a little loud.

• Visited January 2014
“As good as Beachwood”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Have eaten at the Beachwood location many times, have always been pleases by food service and wine list. In town location just as good.

Visited January 2014
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
“Excellent Aged USDA Prime Beef.”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Four of us went out for a nice dinner. It took two weeks in advance to get a prime time Saturday reservation for four. But it was well worth the wait. My fiancée and I both had the filets. My meat was topped with roasted garlic, and her with blue cheese. After tasting them both, the blue cheese was a better choice. We chose risotto and green beans as our side dishes. They were both excellent choices. For dessert, I ordered a profiterole, which was like an éclair stuffed with ice cream and fudge. It was sooooo good. Our server brought us some house made complimentary donuts which had side dipping sauces. They were so good. WHen we got home we needed a nap from all the fine food. It was a wonderful evening out and well worth it. One of the finest restaurants in Cleveland.

• Visited January 2014
Painesville, Ohio, USA
“Enjoyable”
Reviewed December 31, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Xmas eve with my wife. Have always enjoyed Red food. Newer location and the service was as expected. Wish location had more availability for frequent guests since I'm often looking at other restaurants when no reasonable slots are available.

Visited December 2013