“Willoughby Brewing - great place - great food and beer”

Willoughby Brewing Company
Ranked #165 of 1,912 Restaurants in Cleveland
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Vine
Description: At the Willoughby Brewing Company, we specialize in creating the regions finest hand crafted beers. Complemented by our newly redesigned scratch kitchen, your experience will be one to tell your friends about.
Reviewed January 25, 2013

By far my favoriet is the Milano pizza - very thin crust - wonderful taste. The Bibb salad is my favorite there. The choice of beers made on the premises covers all tastes. Kaiserhof is great. Only problem is parking - not enough parking, but they do have free valet parking now which is a help.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

This place is great if you want to visit a brewery. Once you walk in, you will be amazed at how open and how HUGE it is. So I sat at the bar, and was immediately greeted. They have this beer called, Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Porter. It's FANTASTIC! I heard that it is great over Ice Cream, but I haven't treid it yet. I did order food at the bar. I had Lobster Mac N Cheese. OMG was it tasty! They do give you a small portion of lobster that is just right amount to savor with the dish. All in all the pricing of the food and beer was just like any other place. Do check out the surrounding businesses because the area has a lot to offer. This is one place that you will want to keep coming back to.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Willoughby Brewing Co. was once a favorite restaurant of mine. I hadn't been visited in awhile and was excited to kick-off an evening on the town with dinner there. We had reservations for ten people and were assured this wouldn't be a problem. Upon arriving, though, we were told our group would be seated at two different booths. In our section were two adjoining, empty tables, clearly large enough to accommodate our group. They could easily be moved together with creating a problem for the staff. When we pointed this out, we were seated together...problem solved.

WBC is located in a large old building that had something to do with trolley cars. I'm not sure if it is classified as a microbrewery but beer is brewed there and the staff "knows its stuff" in this regard. You can try before you order so I don't think you can do wrong with your choice of brew.

The food has always been the reason I like WBC. I split orders of my two favorite appetizers, the Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls and the Mashed Potato Pizza and was I ever disappointed! Something was not right here. They didn't even taste the same! The pizza was bland and the award winning egg rolls would never bring home first prize. They were no longer crispy and were bland, too. They were served with a sauce that I used to enjoy but now it was way too spicy. Previously, WBC had food that you'd take your first bite and moan. No more. One of our group said that she heard there were new owners and I think that must be true. I hope they figure out what they are doing wrong with the food. If they don't, I can't see them staying in business. How sad!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

We ate there for lunch with a group of 4 and everybody loves their dish. I had soup + half sandwich. Was great.

Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

Awesome stout beers. Great squash soup. Very good food and service. I went to the location in Willoughby, OH. It is a beautiful restoration of an old warehouse.