“Disappointed”

South East Gears & Cheers
Ranked #520 of 1,930 Restaurants in Cleveland
Reviewed June 4, 2016 via mobile

Last year our food and drinks were great! Tonight we decided we need to find another favorite summer area restaurant. The salmon burger was very dry and more breading then salmon. The drink I ordered wasn't Chardonnay but I couldn't tell you what it was. The waitress never checked on us and all I can say is that the band was great but we won't be back. We should have stayed home tonight. So disappointed.

Reviewed March 9, 2016

Came in last Sunday for a quick lunch and decided to sit at the bar. The bartender, Laura, was super friendly and kept us laughing during our visit. We had a couple Bloody Mary's from the Bloody Mary Bar which were delicious! I put shrimp, bacon, and some celery in mine, while my friend chose some roasted red peppers, shrimp, bacon, bleu cheese stuffed olives, and asparagus! Even after our "snack" at the Bloody Mary bar, we decided on lunch. I opted for a burger, while my friend ordered some wings. My burger was cooked perfectly and was delicious. The wings were meaty and also very good. My friend said "some of the best wings I ever had". Between the food and the excellent staff, we will definitely be back.

1  Thank Tiffany C
Reviewed March 5, 2016 via mobile

We have been here before and had good food.However they have changed the menu and the Chef recently.We ordered the wings crispy they came out burnt.Our main course we ordered a taco salad ,there was more field greens than cold beef,terrible .
The other meal was a steak sandwich $ 2.00 up charge for fries,ok.The steak sandwich had no flavor and all gristle.Couldn't even eat the other half.Unfortunately the server didn't see that we were upset and not finishing our meals.Poor service,and did not try to make us happy.Never again bring back the old menu and Chef please.

1  Thank John K
Reviewed November 11, 2015

We ate at Cheers and Gears once before and weren't overwhelmed. Good, but not overwhelmed. This time I just can't say enough good things:

We were greeted and sat by the friendly bartender. We were immediately greeted by our server. Our food came out promptly and was excellent. One of the best quesadillas we've had and my husband LOVED his burger. He's STILL talking about it weeks later! The wings were perfect, as were the fries with the burger. GREAT job!

Our server was attentive but not pushy, coffees were kept hot and full and she did a great job.

We visit Southeast quite a bit and will be making more stops over at Cheers and Gears.....great place for lunch!

Reviewed October 8, 2015

went to Harley shop in Cleveland ohio decided to stop and eat. Saw the sign for The Gears and Cheers, looked interesting. It was nice and clean. Our waitress was nice Natillilee. we had the special steak and baked potatoe , it was great cooked to perfection !!! I would recommend to any of my friends !!

1  Thank loree k