“Best option in Cleveland University Circle”

and 1 more site!
University Circle Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 13 Cleveland B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 3, 2013

This bed and breakfast is an antique and elegantly decorated 7 bedroom house, 4 of which are rented out. The house is clean, nice and comfortable. The owners are wonderful people, never really bother you and are willing to do anything possible to help you. They have very clean bedrooms and bathrooms. Rooms are well lit with coffee maker, fridge, microwave, heater and an AC. A lady comes every few days to clean the bathroom and bedroom and to do the laundry. They provide really nice breakfast as well, something I always looked forward to. The best thing is no pets and no noise to both you. The location is fantastic, right next to the great museums and a walk distance from the VA hospital, Cleveland Clinics, Case Western Reserve University and University Hospitals. It’s like a campus on its own and a true holiday spot. I loved spending a month there in the summer and re visited the same place again for another month in the winter. It is the best deal you can get for the price that they offer. My brother stayed there as well and so do all our friends. I am always thanked by the people that I recommend the place to. I think they are worth being appreciated. Thank you B&B for the wonderful service that you offer!!!

Room Tip: If you have an option to pick a room, I would suggest the deck room because its the largest room wit...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Kiranmasood

Reviewed December 25, 2012

I’ve stayed here many times on business travel. Rooms are neat, clean and comfortable. This location is convenient and rooms are reasonably priced. My experience here has been satisfactory and pleasant

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank 520Gypsy99
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Martha (one of the owners) is very nice. And very talkative. The house is gorgeous. However, the floor creaks with every step. Bathrooms are shared. Walls are paper thin. We could hear someone coughing all. night. long. Or whenever someone walked. We felt like we had to whisper. The breakfast was so bad we ate somewhere else the second morning. When we got home, we discovered bug bites, 4 or 5 bites in rows. Very suspicious for bed bugs, although we didn't see them (we weren't looking for them though). Price was as much as staying at the Glidden house, which is much nicer. We will not be staying here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank glassylady1973
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Our experience at this B&B was disappointing. We told the owner that we would like to have the breakfast at 8 am. The breakfast wasn't ready till 0830.The breakfast was below our expectations (half a bagel and scrambled eggs, no water or juice and we paid $125 for one night). It was noisy in the house past midnight. There were no signs on the front to suggest that this was a B&B. The friendly owner and the comfortable bed did not make up for the lack of organization and the substandard breakfast.

Room Tip: We do not recommend this place.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tarkesh
Reviewed October 8, 2011

I was here for the weekend visiting my son who is a freshman at Case Western. This B and B is literally 3 blocks from his dorm. It is also easy walking distance from the University Circle area, which is just an amazing cultural treasuretrove; Cleveland Art Museaum, Botanical Garden, Symphony, Cinematheque, to name just a few. The B and B is in a lovely old house built in 1900, and run by a friendly helpful pair of siblings. The location is quiet, the rooms are quaint and lovely, and the breakfast was good. Because it is an old house, the wooden floors are a bit noisy, and the shared bathroom is not luxurious. This is not a place to go if you are looking for a modern or corporate feel. The bed was amazingly comfortable. I'll be back.

Room Tip: back of the house is quieter
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank DrMiriam
Reviewed February 8, 2009

I enjoyed my stay it was very peaceful and relaxing. It was also nice to be able to meet the other ppl in the house and the staff was just wonderful the whole time I was there from the minute I walked in. If I had any questions, needs, or concerns about anything they could help with they did just that

• Stayed: November 2008
Reviewed November 25, 2008

I just stayed at the University Circle Bed and Breakfast for the first time, and I'll definitely be back! This place serves as an inviting home away from home in a beautiful turn-of-the-century house at the edge of University Circle.

This B&B has quiet, nice-sized rooms that are appointed with all the creature comforts - down to the plush terrycloth robe in the closet! The breakfast was lovely (and very filling!) and served in a beautiful dining area. There's a comfy living room where you can curl up and read a magazine.

I thoroughly enjoyed my conversations with proprietor Gary, who made me feel like a welcome member of the family.

If you're looking for an alternative to an impersonal hotel, this is a great place to stay!

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)