“Intercontinental Hotel Recommended...”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Murray Hill
Reviewed July 21, 2012

If you look, you should be able to find parking on the street. Prices at Gusto were higher than I would expect, but son said, "What do you expect from a place with white table linens?" We were there on a Friday night and they did have a keyboard player and a mandolin player showed up to join him later in the evening. Music was pretty loud, so I was happy to be seated in the back of the restaurant. My caprese salad was just o.k. Son had the bruschetta, which he really enjoyed. I already forgot husband's appetizer, but his main dish was a pasta with sausage. He graded that a "B". My chicken dish was also a "B". It was a cross between Chicken Cordon Bleu and Chicken Parmesan, with a marinara sauce with green olives (couldn't spot any capers that were listed on the menu). Son ordered the Veal Saltimbocca, which was a nightly special, but not on the regular menu. Husband and I both tried a bite and became very jealous! It was excellent! We passed on dessert, but found a wonderful bakery that is open late, just a few doors down from Gusto.

Reviewed July 4, 2012

Husband grew up in little Italy so I decided to try this place out and maybe have my rehersal dinner here since the church where we were married was across the street, so glad I did not. Walked in felt unwelcome immediately, food was terrible, service was terrible. What happened to this place???

Reviewed June 26, 2012

This was my first time at Gusto and I will definitely be back! Usually I try to stick with the cheaper places in Little Italy, but I had a $10 coupon for here, so figured we'd check it out. Got there early and were able to take advantage of happy hour. We had $5 martinis and $5 beef carpaccio, yum! There was a guy in the corner playing jazz type music on a keyboard, which added to the ambiance. We were then seated at our table. Very small dining room, but cozy. I had the beef tortellini with a kind of carbonara sauce, which was great! Portions were perfect too, they didn't give you a ton, but it was just enough. My fiance had a chicken parm type dish, which he enjoyed too. The only down side to our experience was that it was a very hot night and the air conditioner was not on, other than that, I give Gusto a thumbs up!

Reviewed April 9, 2012

OK, so the prices were a bit more at Gusto than at our usual Little Italy restaurant, but the food when we visited was amazing. It was basically Italian but clearly had a chef's touch. I thoroughally enjoyed the Veal Saltimbacco, and my partner had a fish dish made with a fish called Clip and vegetables that almost melted in your mouth. The Calamari appetizer, apparently one of their most popular dishes, was large and delicious. The restaurant is attractively decorated and the service was excellent. The wine list offered choices in a good spectrum of the price range.

Reviewed December 11, 2011

An amazing 4 star restaurant!!
The owner Ricardo took care of us.
A great menu!!
I can't wait to go back!!

1  Thank drdwaineOhio