“WORST OF THE WORST”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Murray Hill
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Husband grew up in little Italy so I decided to try this place out and maybe have my rehersal dinner here since the church where we were married was across the street, so glad I did not. Walked in felt unwelcome immediately, food was terrible, service was terrible. What happened to this place???

Reviewed June 26, 2012

This was my first time at Gusto and I will definitely be back! Usually I try to stick with the cheaper places in Little Italy, but I had a $10 coupon for here, so figured we'd check it out. Got there early and were able to take advantage of happy hour. We had $5 martinis and $5 beef carpaccio, yum! There was a guy in the corner playing jazz type music on a keyboard, which added to the ambiance. We were then seated at our table. Very small dining room, but cozy. I had the beef tortellini with a kind of carbonara sauce, which was great! Portions were perfect too, they didn't give you a ton, but it was just enough. My fiance had a chicken parm type dish, which he enjoyed too. The only down side to our experience was that it was a very hot night and the air conditioner was not on, other than that, I give Gusto a thumbs up!

Reviewed April 9, 2012

OK, so the prices were a bit more at Gusto than at our usual Little Italy restaurant, but the food when we visited was amazing. It was basically Italian but clearly had a chef's touch. I thoroughally enjoyed the Veal Saltimbacco, and my partner had a fish dish made with a fish called Clip and vegetables that almost melted in your mouth. The Calamari appetizer, apparently one of their most popular dishes, was large and delicious. The restaurant is attractively decorated and the service was excellent. The wine list offered choices in a good spectrum of the price range.

Reviewed December 11, 2011

An amazing 4 star restaurant!!
The owner Ricardo took care of us.
A great menu!!
I can't wait to go back!!

1  Thank drdwaineOhio
Reviewed October 5, 2011

We stumbled upon Gusto while visiting Little Italy and had a delightful experience — staff was attentive and smart, food was delicious and unique and the ambiance was cozy and romantic. This was our second visit and it was as good as the first. Each of us was impressed by the knowledgable waitress and her suggestions, obviously knowing all about each and every dish. The food was plentiful and made with fresh ingredients. No rubbery calamari here! My Italian mother even approved, which is really something. And what a great addition, the owner plays the accordion (extremely well) and takes requests. I can not say enough good things about this wonderful gem of a restaurant.