Wallace Manor Bed and Breakfast
Doubletree.com
$169
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsoff street parkingwest side marketohio citywalnut roomtoed catheated bathroom floorsfresh berriesclose to downtownconsummate hostblueberry wafflesbreakfast was deliciousgordon squarehouse is beautifully restoredquiet residential streethippodrome theatrewarm hospitalityeach morning
Reviewed June 12, 2014

My mom and I stayed at Wallace Manor while in Cleveland for her brother and his partner's wedding reception, and I wanted to treat her to a B&B because she had never before stayed at one, and I thought she would love the experience. Little did I know that Wallace Manor would so far exceed my expectations. I was so excited when I got there and realized that THIS was going to be her first impression of a Bed & Breakfast! Score!

First of all, although the photos on the website are gorgeous, they don't do Wallace Manor justice. This home is a piece of art. The outside is nicely maintained, complete with a garden, a nice patio, and a shy outdoor cat named Seven. (You'll find out why he's named Seven once you meet him.) The inside of the home is beautifully furnished, and I would say it was like being in a museum due to some of the antique belongings and original woodworking, but a museum makes the atmosphere sound boring and formal, which Wallace Manor certainly is not! The warmth and comfort here make one feel instantly comfortable and at home. The rooms are beautiful and comfortable, and I loved the claw foot tub and unique light fixture in my bathroom.

Scott is a wonderful host and made us feel instantly at home with his kindness and gentle warmth. After only a few minutes, he felt like an old friend. One evening, Scott and David even joined my mom, her brother, his partner, and I for drinks in the parlor while we chatted and laughed and listened to one of my uncles play the baby grand piano.

I travel frequently for work and stay in nice hotels for a week at a time, at least once or twice a month, and I have also stayed at a handful of B&Bs, but Wallace Manor is one place that I will remember. To further emphasize that point, out of all of the places I have stayed, this is the first review I have ever written on Trip Advisor...

I would be remiss if I didn't comment on the breakfast... Utterly delicious. There was way more food that I could eat, but I made a valiant effort. Ask for the grit dish, even if you think you don't like grits. Just trust me.

I don't know if I will get back to Cleveland any time soon, but if I ever do, I don't think I could stay anywhere else. I don't see how Wallace Manor could be beat.

3  Thank Jennifer D
Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

Comfortable, quiet, delicious breakfast, evening drinks, good conversation. the renovations in this older home are remarkable. not much to do in the immediate neighborhood but not far from downtown and other places of interest. Reasonably priced. We would happily stay there again if and when we return to Cleveland.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Larry P
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Our experience at Wallace Manor was simply perfect. The home is beautiful, inviting, and spotless. The beds are top-notch, luxurious and VERY comfortable. This was my first experience staying at a B&B, and I quickly felt right at home. Scott gave us a warm welcome and a tour, and we were all set for the weekend. Breakfast was simply delicious both mornings of our stay.

This experience far exceeded my expectations, and I would love to stay at Wallace Manor again.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

I was in Cleveland for a family event when plans to stay with a friend fell through. Within a matter of hours prior to arriving in town, I was able to make a reservation with Scott for that very night. He was utterly accommodating, very inviting, and made the reservation and check-in painless, despite the fact that it was on such short notice. And the lovely Walnut Room in which we stayed was less expensive than other nearby BnB rooms! Thank you so much for a great experience, Scott. I will definitely plan to stay there again.

Room Tip: Pick the Walnut Room for sure!!!!! Heated bathroom floors!
Reviewed May 20, 2014

We visited Cleveland for a short getaway and had a fantastic time at the Wallace Manor. The house has been beautifully restored with historical features throughout the house. The rooms are very comfortable. The beds are excellent and two of the bedrooms have large claw foot soaking tubs. Fresh cookies awaited us in our room at check in. Breakfast was very filling and well prepared – fresh berries, local yogurt from the Westside Market, waffles and local bacon. The neighborhood is still gentrifying but was still safe. The owner was very welcoming and flexible with our travel arrangements. Overall, why stay at a corporate run hotel when you can stay at this wonderful B&B for the same price?

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple